Request for Statement of Qualifications Overview
Hinds Community College, the largest community college in the state of Mississippi, is a comprehensive educational institution, accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Hinds serves approximately 32,000 students in academic, career/technical, workforce, secondary and adult education programs each year. Since 1917, Hinds has provided quality education programs that are convenient and affordable. With six locations, the college draws students from every county in Mississippi and ranks as the fourth largest institution of higher learning in the state.
The District is seeking Statement of Qualifications/Proposals from law firms with significant experience and expertise in providing General Counsel legal services to higher education institutions.
The District shall receive responses to this RFQ/P and may conduct individual interviews in order to select firms, which in the opinion of the District are best suited to perform General Counsel legal services for the District.
The following table identifies the estimated dates/time frame for receipt, evaluation, and notice of acceptance as a legal resource of District. Please note the following key dates when preparing your response to this RFQ/P.
|Release of RFQ/P||February 22, 2021|
|Last day for Proposers to submit questions||March 5, 2021|
|Last day for District to respond to questions||March 12, 2021|
|STATEMENTS OF QUALIFICATIONS DUE||March 23, 2021|
|Firm Interviews by District (if any)||To Be Determined|
|Notification of Selection as a Legal Resource for District||To Be Determined|
* The above noted dates are subject to change without notice.
The Statement of Qualification/Proposal review process used to select qualified law firms will be as follows:
- The District will review and evaluate all Statements of Qualification/Proposal received using the criteria below. Incomplete Statements of Qualification/Proposal may be rejected as non-responsive, and may result in being excluded from this process.
- A District Evaluation Team may select firms for interviews. The Governing Board may request selected firms to make an oral/visual presentation in connection with the oral interview.
Proposers submitting Statements of Qualification/Proposal are advised that all responsive documents will be evaluated to determine each firm’s ability to best meet the needs of the District. The District’s evaluation will include, but is not limited to, a consideration of the following criteria:
- Responsiveness. Responsiveness of the Statement of Qualification/Proposal in clearly stating the firm’s practice areas, services, and in meeting the requirements of the RFQ/P for General Counsel.
- Experience/Ability. The extent of the firm’s previous experience of the firm working with institutions of higher education, and specifically with community colleges, on legal matters. Such experience will also include assessment of the firm’s outcomes for particular matters handled by the firm for higher education institutions.
- Qualifications. Qualifications of the firm, financial and otherwise, to provide the District with prompt, responsive General Counsel legal services, including appropriate support staffing; firm research and other resources; and demonstrated history of competence in handling legal affairs experienced by higher education institutions.
- References. Information obtained by the District from the firm’s provided references and other clients.
- Costs. The firm’s proposed legal fees for services provided, including detailed fee schedules for different classifications of attorneys, support staff, research and search tools, and a detailed explanation of billing practices (i.e. time billing increments). In addition to the proposed hourly rate fees, the District will consider alternative billing proposals submitted by law firms.