The External Funding Office helps faculty and staff turn ideas into fundable proposals and projects.
External Funding Office
- Advises on preparation for visits from funding agencies
- Provides samples of grant reports
- Advises on strategies to sustain projects
- Identifies possible funding streams and advises on how to access them
- Identifies community organizations and other entities that can support your project
- Schedules preliminary meetings to help start your project, if requested
- Troubleshoots problems
- Monitors submissions of grant reports to funding entities
- Provides technical assistance
Copies of all grant reports must be sent to the External Funding and Contract Office.
Additional Grant Resources
Listed below are links to both grantors and grant seekers resources. This list is by no means exhaustive, but is rather a starting point. Though some grants are cyclical in nature, many grant opportunities are made available on a variable schedule with varying parameters. Frequent checking of grantors’ Web sites is one way of finding new grant opportunities. It is often possible to join an email list for notifications of new grant listings which may expedite the grant search process.
The Office of External Funding can also assist in your search. Please consult with the Office of External Funding before beginning any grant writing activities.
- Employment & Training Administration (ETA) — U.S. Dept. of Labor
- Economic Development Administration (EDA) — U.S. Dept. of Commerce
- Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education (FIPSE) — U.S. Dept. of Education
- Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) — U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- U.S. Department of Education Funding Opportunities