Notice of Non-discrimination Statement
Hinds Community College is a public comprehensive community college, is to offer high-quality education through relevant and diverse programs and resources for persons with various interests and abilities by:
- Providing academic college transfer programs that lead to an associate’s degree and fulfill the first two years of a bachelor’s degree.
- Providing career/technical programs that respond to industry and community needs and lead to professional credentials, a certificate, and/or an Associate in Applied Science degrees.
- Providing continuing education programs for adults in the community that enhance cultural enrichment and promote lifelong learning.
- Providing customized training or short courses, seminars, and workshops for business, government, social, and civic entities that result in organizational improvement, promote economic growth, and meet educational and service needs.
- Providing dual credit, dual enrollment, and basic education courses and programs that cultivate academic success leading to high school equivalency or entry to college-level courses.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX, Education Amendments of 1972 of the Higher Education Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and other applicable Federal and State Acts, Hinds Community College offers equal education and employment opportunities and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability or veteran status in its educational programs and activities. The following have been designated to handle inquiries regarding these policies: EEOC Compliance: Sherry Franklin, Vice President of Instruction/Career & Technical Education, Box 1003, Utica, MS 39175; Phone: 601-885-7002 or Email: EEOC@hindscc.edu. Title IX: DeAndre House, Associate Vice President Student Services, Title IX Coordinator, Box 1100 Raymond MS 39154; Phone: 601-857-3353 or Email: TitleIX@hindscc.edu.
Disability Support Services Statement
Hinds Community College provides reasonable and appropriate accommodations for students with disabilities. Disability Services staff members verify eligibility for accommodations and work with eligible students who have self-identified and provided current documentation. Students with disabilities should schedule an appointment with the designated Disability Services staff member on their respective campus to establish a plan for reasonable, appropriate classroom accommodations.
Utica Campus career-technical
Individuals with a hearing impairment may call 601-526-4918 (video phone)