EXPERIENCE CAMPUS LIFE AT ITS BEST!
Welcome to college living at Hinds Community College. Immerse yourself in the vibrant communities on our Raymond and Utica campuses, where residence life is not just an accommodation but an integral part of your extended learning experience. As a resident, you’ll find numerous opportunities to engage with fellow students in a community environment. We plan events and activities aimed at enhancing your social and civic skills and qualities that will continue to benefit your personal and professional life well beyond graduation.
Why Choose to Live On Campus at Hinds CC?
- Vibrant Community Atmosphere: Residence life at Hinds CC offers a warm “home away from home” ambiance, providing a supportive community for your college journey.
- Central to the College Experience: Living on campus means being at the heart of all aspects of college life. Say goodbye to commuting hassles and enjoy the convenience of 24/7 living in one of our fully-furnished residence halls.
- Comprehensive Amenities: Take advantage of 24-hour security, enjoy three meals daily, and benefit from easy parking options. Our dedicated team, including both professional and student staff, is always available to provide support and assistance.
- Comfortable Living Spaces: Experience the convenience of on-site laundry services and spacious lobbies, perfect for socializing with friends, streaming your favorite shows, or just taking a well-deserved break from your studies.
Choosing to live on Hinds CC campuses means immersing yourself in an enriching environment where every moment contributes to a memorable and rewarding college experience. Skip the commute and embrace the unique opportunities that on-campus living provides. Welcome to your home away from home at Hinds Community College!
To Provide a living learning community that supports the institution’s mission by offering high-quality education through diverse programs and resources for persons with various interests and abilities.
A Message From The Director
We are thrilled to welcome you to Hinds Community College, your chosen destination for education. As a resident of our vibrant and supportive community within the residence halls, we are excited to have you join us on this academic journey.
Residing on campus is a key component in enhancing the student experience, and studies consistently demonstrate that students living in residence halls are better equipped to excel academically. Guided by professional Residence Hall Directors and supported by a team of dedicated Resident Assistants, our goal is to ensure your time here is enriching and successful. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to them.
At Student Housing and Residence Life, we play a pivotal role as the link between academics and extracurricular activities. This unique position allows us to engage our students fully through a diverse range of programs and events. We are committed to providing an environment that supports not only your academic endeavors but also fosters personal growth and a sense of community.
Once again, welcome to the Hinds Community College family. We look forward to being a part of your collegiate experience and creating lasting memories together.
IMPORTANT DATES AND INFORMATION
Please note the following dates when the residence halls will be closed. These dates are fixed, and no exceptions will be made.
- Thanksgiving Break
From November 17, 2023, to November 26, 2023 (Friday to Sunday)
- Winter Break
From December 8, 2023, to January 4, 2024
- Spring Break
From March 8, 2024, to March 17, 2024 (Friday to Sunday)
- End of Academic Year/Spring Closing:
May 3, 2024, at 12:00 p.m.
To request to stay on campus during Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring Breaks, you need to fill out the extended stay request form. However, submitting a request does not guarantee approval. It is essential for students to have alternative living arrangements in case their request is not approved. The deadline for extended stay requests is one week before the scheduled closing date. If the Director of Housing and Residence Life approves your request, you must pay the required break housing fee at the Business Office (Jenkins Hall) before your stay. During the break, all students must adhere to the institution’s rules, the handbook guidelines, and Housing policies. Please note, there will be no visitation allowed during the break for those approved to stay.
- Thanksgiving Break stay requests can be submitted starting October 30, 2023.
- Winter Break stay requests will be accepted from November 27, 2023.
- Spring Break stay requests will open on February 26, 2024
Apply for Housing
After securing your admission to Hinds Community College, we strongly encourage you to proceed with the housing application. For first-time students, it’s advisable to apply for housing before April 5 to ensure your Housing Priority status. Please note, there is a non-refundable processing fee of $100 for the full academic year housing application (Fall and Spring). For those applying only for the Spring or Summer term, the fee is $50.
- Summer 2024 Application Opens March 5, 2024.
- Fall 2024 Housing Application opens March 5, 2024.
Dining & Meal Plans
All residents living on campus are required to select a meal plan for the academic year, including Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
- Fall and Spring Meal Plans: 19 meals per week plus $250 in flex dollars
- Summer Meal Plans: 19 meals per week
- Commuter Meal Plans: 30 meals per term
Steps for Housing Application
- Admission Status:
Ensure you are an admitted student at Hinds CC, as only admitted students are eligible to apply for Student Housing.
- Hinds ID and Password:
Use the Hinds ID provided to you in your admission package from the Office of Admissions to log into your My.Hinds account.
- Accessing the Housing Application Portal:
– Visit your My.Hinds account and navigate to the Reslife section to start the application process.
– Choose the Fall/Spring application option and carefully complete each section.
– Please remember, the Housing Priority Deadline for First-Time students is April 5. Students submitting their Housing Application after this date will be considered late applicants and placed on the waitlist. Students are selected from the waitlist daily as vacancies become available. If selected, an email will be sent to your Hinds CC email address notifying you of your placement.
- Room Selection Process:
First-Time Students who have completed a Housing Contract and enrolled in at least 15 credit hours (including at least six in-person hours) for the semester applied by June 28th, will be eligible to choose their rooms online during a designated timeslot. If you meet all these criteria, keep an eye on your email for further details about the room selection process.
Students with housing assignments and no outstanding balances can participate in the Move-In process. All balances must be cleared, financial aid secured, or payment plans arranged by August 1st. Specific move-in dates and times will be sent to students’ Hinds CC email. Move-In day is a great chance to meet others and settle into campus life!
Continuing Student Housing Application
For returning residents who want to continue living in Student Housing, the Renewal Selection Verification Process (RSVP) is available. Specific dates for this process will be announced later. To be eligible for RSVP, returning students must be enrolled in a minimum of 15 credit hours for the upcoming semester, which includes at least six in-person hours, and must have a processed FAFSA on file by April 18th.
- February (mid) – RSVP for Continuing Residents
- Reclaim Same Space: February 8th-12th
- Claim a Different Space: February 15th-19th
Applications for Summer Housing will open each Spring for students who are enrolled in the Summer Sessions.
- Per each 4-week Summer Term: $350
Raymond & Utica
Residence Halls & Rates
Discover your perfect home away from home at Hinds Community College! Our Raymond campus invites you to explore eight diverse residence halls, including Pickett Hall, offering a co-residential experience. For those seeking a blend of tradition and community, our historic Utica campus presents three residence halls options: dedicated halls for men and women, and a co-residential hall, each designed to cater to your comfort and preferences. Choose the setting that best suits your college journey and become part of our thriving campus community!