How To Enroll
1) Get Admitted
- Submit a complete admission application online. (Some programs, such as all health-related programs and Veterinary Technology, require additional applications.)
- Submit all required documents before the start of classes to Hinds Community College, Office of Admissions, P.O. Box 1100, Raymond, MS 39154:
- Submit the official transcript from the last school attended: either high school, college, or equivalency diploma.
- Submit your official ACT scores (school code 2198). If you haven’t taken the ACT, take the Accuplacer for free at any Hinds campus. If you have attended college and successfully completed at least three credit hours of English and three credit hours of math, test scores may not be required for general admission.
- As you submit admission documents, log back into your Applicant Portal to view your admission status and action items.
After your application is approved by the Office of Admissions, you’ll receive an acceptance letter sent to the email address provided on your application. This will include your student ID and instructions for accessing your My.Hinds and Navigator student account.
Transcript Tip: Only official documents will be accepted. Learn how to submit official transcripts and admission documents.
2) Log In to My.Hinds & Navigator
My.Hinds is the portal to your student account. It’s the official location for you to view and use college resources, such as your Hinds email, your Navigator Account, the housing portal, the academic calendar, Student Handbook, and more. From the My.Hinds dashboard, you’ll access Navigator, which is where you manage your student information, financial aid, account balance, class schedule, and more.
- Go to my.hindscc.edu and log in using the instructions in your acceptance letter.
- Begin using your My.Hinds account frequently to get familiar with college tools and check your Hinds email. Your @hindscc.edu email will be the official method of communication for Hinds after you register for classes.
- From the My.Hinds dashboard, click on the button to access your student information and take care of college business.
3) Complete Onboarding
- Onboarding prepares you for enrollment and allows you to set up your student preferences and establish residency in one place!
- Log into My.Hinds and from the dashboard, click on the Navigator button. This takes you to your Navigator account which is full of your student information.
- Inside Navigator, click on your Inbox to start completing your Onboarding action items.
Onboarding TIP: Onboarding contains several action items, but it is also important because it is where you establish residency. If you are a Mississippi resident and would like to pay in-state tuition, complete Onboarding as soon as you receive an email notification to do so.
4) Apply for Financial Aid
- Apply early for financial aid in order to avoid missing deadlines. We recommend applying for the following:
- After submitting a FAFSA, log in to My.Hinds and click on the Navigator button. In Navigator, click on “Finances” to view your action items.
- Complete any additional documents requested and submit them to the Office of Financial Aid. Some documents can be uploaded directly to Navigator!
- When your financial aid action items are complete, your offer letter will be posted in Navigator.
5) Register for Classes
- When registration opens for the semester in which you plan to enroll, you must speak with a Hinds Advisor to register for classes, but before being advised and registered for classes, you must submit the following:
- First-time college students must submit official ACT scores or take the Accuplacer.
- College transfer students must submit an official college transcript showing completion of three credit hours of English and three credit hours of Math. If college credit has not been received in both English and Math, submit official ACT scores or take the Accuplacer.
- After submitting the requirements, you may initiate advisement and registration in one of these ways: 1) simply visit any Hinds location during business hours to see an Advisor, or 2) you may request Remote Advisement. If you request remote advisement, an Advisor will reach out to you several business days later via your Hinds email account.
- Please note: all new Hinds students or returning students who have not attended Hinds for at least one semester will not be able to register themselves in Navigator. You must first be advised by a Hinds Advisor to register for classes.
- Current students (excluding dual enrolled students) can register for classes in Navigator. However, if you need advisement or help with your program of study, we invite you to visit with an Advisor!
- After registering for classes, you will have a balance due for tuition and fees.
6) Your Way to Pay
- View your itemized statement in your Navigator account. Paper bills are not mailed.
- Payment is due by the published deadline each semester. View important dates.
- You must complete one of the following payment arrangements by the deadline:
- Have awarded financial aid (federal, state, MPACT, loans, veteran benefits, and/or scholarships) that covers all expenses. You are responsible for any fees not covered by financial aid – OR –
- Set up an automatic payment plan in your My.Hinds account. – OR –
- Pay your entire balance with cash, check, or credit card.
7) Living on Campus?
Residence halls are offered on our Raymond and Utica campuses.
- Log in to My.Hinds and click on the Res Life buton to submit the online housing application. At the time you submit the housing application, your account will be charged a non-refundable room reservation fee.
- Before moving into a residence hall, you must complete all of the following:
- Register for 15 or more credit hours.
- Show proof of full payment for tuition, room, board, and other fees.
8) Get Ready for Classes
- Log in to your Navigator account regularly to manage your student information.
- Check your Hinds email regularly. Your Hinds email is the official method of communication for all college business. We use Outlook Email which can be accessed from your My.Hinds dashboard.
- Have your Student ID badge made before classes begin. Details can be found here.
- You’ll need to bring a picture ID and your class schedule.
- Make textbook pick-up arrangements:
- You will be charged for textbooks at the time you register for classes, and our Barnes & Noble bookstore will prepare your Book Bundle! One month before classes begin, you will receive an email in your Hinds email account instructing you to select your delivery preference of in-store pick-up or ship directly to you, but any digital materials will be delivered within Canvas. For more information or to opt-out of the Book Bundle.
- On-campus students: purchase a parking decal at your campus business office.
- Bring your student ID badge and car tag info. (Online students do not need a parking decal.)
- Find out where your classes are located by downloading your campus map.