How To Enroll
1) Get Admitted
- Submit a complete online admission application. (Some programs, such as all health-related programs and Veterinary Technology, require additional applications.)
- Several business days after you submit your application, log back into your applicant profile to view your application status and to download your Welcome Letter, which contains you HindsNet ID and My.Hinds login instructions.
- Submit all required documents before the start of classes to Hinds Community College, Office of Admissions, P.O. Box 1100,Raymond, MS 39154:
- Submit the official transcript from the last school attended: either high school, college or equivalency diploma.
- Submit your official ACT scores (school code 2198). If you haven’t taken the ACT, take the Accuplacer for free at any Hinds campus. If you have attended college and successfully completed at least 3 credit hours of English and 3 credit hours of math, test scores may not be required for general admission.
- As you submit admission documents, log in to My.Hinds to verify that they have been received.
2) Log In to My.Hinds
- My.Hinds is your student account and is the official location for you to manage your student information, financial aid, account balance, class schedule, check your Hinds email, and more.
- Go to my.hindscc.edu and log in using the instructions in your Welcome Letter.
- Begin using your My.Hinds account frequently to manage your student information and to check your Hinds email. Your@hindscc.edu email is the official method of communication for Hinds. You can easily sync this email to your phone for quick access.
3) Need Financial Aid? Start Now!
- Apply early for financial aid in order to avoid missing deadlines. We recommend applying for the following:
- Next, log in to your My.Hinds account to view your Financial Aid Checklist, which outlines additional requirements.
- Complete any additional documents requested and submit them to the Office of Financial Aid.
- When your paperwork is complete, your award letter will be posted in My.Hinds. Log in to view and accept your potential award.
- You must be admitted to the college (see “Get Admitted”) and enrolled in an applicable program of study before financial aid can be applied to your account.
4) Register for Classes
- All new students must first meet with a counselor for advisement before registering for classes. No appointment is necessary! Simply come to any Hinds location during business hours. However, if you are taking all of your classes online, you may be advised remotely by submitting an online advising request at hindscc.edu/online.
- Before being advised, all students must provide or bring to the counseling office an ACT score, Accuplacer score, or college transcript showing successful completion of 3 credit hours of English and 3 credit hours of math.
- Your counselor will help you choose the right classes in your program of study. You will register for classes while meeting with your counselor or in your My.Hinds account after being advised.
- Current students (excluding dual enrolled students) may register for classes in My.Hinds. However, if you need advising or help with your program of study, we invite you to visit with a counselor.
- You will now have your class schedule and have a balance due for tuition and fees.
5) Your Way to Pay
- View your itemized statement in My.Hinds. Paper bills are not mailed. Payment is due by the published deadline each semester. View “Important Dates” section.
- To retain your classes, you must do one of the following by the payment deadline:
- Have awarded financial aid (federal, state, MPACT, loans, veteran benefits, and/or scholarships) that covers all expenses. You are responsible for any fees not covered by financial aid – OR –
- Set up an automatic payment plan in your My.Hinds account (see hindscc.edu/automaticpayment) – OR –
- Pay entire balance with cash, check, or credit card.
No financial aid will be applied to your account until you are admitted to the College by submitting all required documents as requested by the Office of Admissions.
6) Living on Campus?
Residence halls are offered on our Raymond and Utica campuses. Rooms fill on a first come, first serve basis. So apply early!
- Log in to My.Hinds to submit the online housing application.
- Pay a $50 room reservation fee (non-refundable) at the time you submit the online housing application. You will need to use a debit or credit card to submit online payment.
- Before moving into a residence hall, you must complete all of the following:
- Register for 15 or more credit hours.
- Show proof of full payment for tuition, room, board and other fees.
- Attend a New Student Orientation at your campus. (Only for new students beginning in the fall semester.)
7) Get Ready for Classes
- Log in to your My.Hinds account regularly to manage your student information and check your Hinds email. Your Hinds email is the official method of communication for all college business.
- Have your Student ID badge made before classes begin. Details can be found here.
- You’ll need to bring a picture ID and your class schedule.
- Purchase your textbooks at your campus bookstore. Details at bookstore.hindscc.edu.
- You’ll need to bring your student ID, an additional form of ID, and your class schedule.
- Online students must purchase books at the Raymond Campus or online at bookstore.hindscc.edu.
- Some courses use an ebook and/or online resources, which will be embedded in Canvas. The cost of the ebook and/or online resources are added to your bill at the time of registration.
- Purchase a parking decal at your campus business office.
- Bring your student ID and car tag info. (Online students do not need a parking decal.)
- Find out where your classes are located by downloading your campus map at hindscc.edu/campuses.