National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements

State Authorization for Online Education

All U.S. states require postsecondary educational institutions to be legally authorized to provide postsecondary educational instruction in their states. Hinds Community College wants to provide online education programs and courses to students in all states and territories. To facilitate this endeavor for out-of-state students, Hinds community College participates in “the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA), an agreement among member states, districts and territories that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary online education courses and programs.

Professional Licensure

Requirements for licensure vary from one profession to another and from state to state. If you live outside the state of Mississippi and are considering a program that leads to licensure, then you should contact the appropriate licensing board in your home state before you apply to HCC. While it is the student’s responsibility to contact the appropriate licensing board in his or her home state to confirm whether or not the HCC program will meet the state’s licensure requirements, HCC will make attempts to contact students who are residing out of state while enrolled in licensure programs to prompt them to check their state’s requirements.

Student Complaint and Grievance Procedures

Hinds Community College values high quality in the delivery of academic and administrative services to all students. If a student feels that the treatment he or she has received is not consistent with expectations based upon the College’s official documents, such as the Catalog or the Student Guide, the student is required to express his or her complaints in a manner that will provide documentation for a timely response and resolution. Full detail of the process begins on page 35 of the Student Handbook.