Advising & Registration


Advisors serve as the general advising for all students entering the college. Once you have enrolled, our advisors will provide you with the appropriate information to match college resources with your student needs.

Advisors can assist in making the student’s entry into Hinds a smooth one. They may assist the student in exploring a variety of courses leading to various majors. Advisors can also assist students in adapting to change and in learning good decision making skills as well as make appropriate referrals to other resources which may be of use to the student.

Educational Planning

Transferring to a Senior College

Students may take freshman and sophomore level transferable academic courses while at Hinds. Generally, one-half of the hours required for a bachelor’s degree may be transferred from a community college and applied to that degree at a four-year college or university. We maintain a close working relationship with all Mississippi senior colleges to insure that all academic courses which are intended to transfer will do so.

Hinds CC students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university should be aware of the transfer requirements that may apply in their particular cases. These requirements vary with age, ACT score, high school preparation, high school GPA, and the individual transfer college.


Career Planning

The Advising office on the Raymond campus is now offering the Strong Interest Inventory (SII) to currently enrolled students. The SII is a self-assessment instrument that is used to help you make satisfying decisions about your career and education. The SII measures interests, not skills or abilities, and the results will help guide you toward rewarding careers. Advisors are available after testing to go over your results and explore career paths.

To schedule an appointment call or visit the Advising office on our Raymond Campus



Am I required to meet with an advisor to schedule classes?

First-time students must be advised by an advisor in person at one of Hinds’ six (6) campus locations, or they may request Remote Advising, which allows students to speak with an advisor without having to visit the campus. Advisors are available for all students; however, returning students are not required to seek advisement each semester.

Do I owe money or have a restriction from the admissions or business office that needs to be cleared?

Login to My.Hinds and check your account status. If there is a balance or restriction, go to the appropriate office or call 601-857-5261 or 1-800-HINDSCC.

What classes have I successfully completed toward my major?

First, print your unofficial transcript from My.Hinds. If you have attended another college check to see if the credits have been posted to your Hinds transcript. If not, contact the Office of Admissions and request that college transfer credits post to your record.

What classes should I register for next semester?

Review your program of study and mark courses completed and in progress. Students enrolled in developmental classes may wish to speak with an academic advisor.

Do these classes have any prerequisites?

After selecting courses that you need to complete for graduation, you may view the course descriptions in the college catalog to see if there are any prerequisite classes.

I’m interested in Nursing & Allied Health programs. What are the admission requirements?

Admission requirements for each program are listed on the individual program’s webpage. You can view all of our Nursing and Allied Health programs here.

How can I view the class schedule of what is being offered and at which location?

Search for classes, dates, and times from the online course schedule.

I’m a current student. How do I register for classes?

Login to My.Hinds and web register for academic and/or technical classes. Career students must register in person.

Registration Locations

Bivins Hall 100
Nursing Allied Health Center
Anderson Hall 2
Administration/Academic Classroom Building, Suite 105
Denton Hall, 2nd Floor
Walter Washington Hall, Suite 120
601-885-7022 (Academic)
601-885-7128 (Career & Technical)
Banks Building


Jennifer Scott-Gilmore, Ph.D.
Dean of Counseling & Advising