The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Employment and Training (E&T) Skills2Work program is intended to assist eligible SNAP recipients gain skills, training, work, or experience that will increase self-sufficiency. Hinds CC has partnered with Mississippi Department Human Services to assist eligible SNAP recipients who wish to enroll in Adult Education, Workforce Training and/or Career and Technical Program of Study.
Please note: Student must maintain a GPA of 2.5, and academic courses are not covered by this program.
- Must be a SNAP recipient and eligible to participate in SNAP E&T.
- Must not be receiving TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families).
- Must be a U.S. citizen and a resident of Mississippi.
- Must be registered for work with the MS Department of Employment Security.
- Enrolled in an adult education, workforce training, or a career or technical program of study at Hinds CC.
- Students must apply for and complete all requirements for federal grants and scholarships each year.
- If you are currently not a recipient of SNAP benefits and wish to apply, you may submit an application online on the Mississippi Department of Human Services site.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress in your program of study and in good standing with the College
- Students must complete a SNAP E&T Skills2Work application.