Living in the U.S. not a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident

Transcript Evaluations

As a non-U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident living in the U.S. we welcome you to attend Hinds! The only additional considerations you may have in the admissions process is is getting transcripts from your home country to Hinds if your secondary school education took place outside the U.S. These must be sent to Hinds through a U.S.-based evaluation service. You may use any NACES, but we’ve tried to take a bit of the work out for you by coming up with a “short list” of companies that we found to be go-to for many of our students:
What type of evaluation will I need?
Hinds only needs a “document” or “general” evaluation to show that you completed secondary school or college outside the U.S., and have the equivalent (or higher) of a U.S. high school diploma.
Can I transfer courses from outside the U.S. to Hinds?
Please note that any out-of-country college courses completed will not be transferrable to Hinds, but may benefit you if you decide to apply for a competitive health-related program (such as Nursing) through Hinds.

Proving Mississippi Residency for In-State Tuition

Unless you are a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident, you are not able to declare Mississippi Residency at a community college, meaning that you will pay out-of-state tuition. See Non-Mississippi Residents on the Tuition and Fees page.