International Students

Important Things to Know

International students with appropriate scholastic records and proven English proficiency will be considered for admission as freshmen or as transfer students. Freshman applicants must be graduates of recognized secondary schools comparable in level to the American high school. Transfer applicants are considered on the basis of transcripts from their secondary school records and records of post-secondary studies (college, technical school, etc.) Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit a score from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS).

Required Materials

The following materials must be in the office of the International Student Advisor at least 60 days before the beginning of the semester in which admission is desired:

  • Application for admission
  • Official scholastic records evaluated by a US evaluation service if study was completed outside the United States, or official transcripts sent from the student’s high school or college if study was completed within the United States. All high school transcripts must show a graduation (completion) date. Information regarding evaluation services is available on the college website or from the international student office.
  • Affidavit-of-support completed by the sponsor of the student with supporting bank documents. This affidavit must provide evidence that the student has sufficient funding to pay for all applicable tuition/fees including international student fees.
  • TOEFL or IELTS scores and scores on any entrance tests which may be required by the college.
  • Students applying for transfer from colleges within the United States must submit an International Student Transfer Form completed by their current international student advisor before they may be considered for transfer, and they must be eligible for immediate re-admission to that institution. The form will be provided to the student as part of the application process.

Where to Send Required Materials

All required information must be on file at the college before an I-20 document will be issued to a prospective student. Other than the application, all required materials should be sent to the following address:

International Student Office
PMB 10457 HCC
P.O. Box 1100
Raymond, MS 39154, USA
P: 601-857-3314
F: 601-857-1221

Applying for a U.S. Visa

Once an I-20 document has been issued to the prospective student, it is the individual’s responsibility to schedule a visa appointment with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in their home country. Note that visa applicants will be required to pay a non-immigrant visa application processing fee (see, as well as a SEVIS fee ( Visit the following websites for more information about these fees and applying for a via.


Michelle Davison