International Students Transferring from another U.S. College

Transferring your I-20 from another U.S. college (in good standing)


You will receive a general “acceptance letter” by email once this application has been submitted correctly.

Transcript from Current U.S. College

You must request that your current college send an OFFICIAL copy directly to Hinds Community College. The transcripts will not be accepted by email from the student.


The affidavit is a form of agreement that must be signed by the student and the student’s sponsor. The sponsor may be a parent, relative, friend, or agency who agrees to pay for the student’s expenses while attending college. The sponsor must submit bank documents as evidence that they possess sufficient funds to cover one year of expenses for the student.

Financial Documentation

The financial document must be a letter from the bank of the student sponsor or a bank statement from within six months of the student’s start date at the college.

Once you have submitted all documentation, a transfer acceptance letter will be sent to you and your current International Advisor for the transferal of your I-20 document.