When you graduate from our Electronics Technology program, you will be capable of correlating the activities of scientific research, engineering, and production for a wide variety of occupational fields and will possess the capability of working and communicating directly with engineers, scientists, and other technical personnel in their specialized areas.
Completion of our Electronics Technology program can open many doors for those looking to advance their careers. If you’re ready to take the next step in the electronics ﬁeld and are looking for that extra boost of experience and education to push yourself across the finish line, you’ll find it at Hinds Community College.
- Two-year course of study with four semesters of full course-load
- The curriculum is designed to place the successful graduate in the workplace at the end of the two years
- 49 semester hours of Electronics
- 15 semester hours of required academic courses and technical electives
- The four-year course of study with two years of Electronics Technology at the Raymond Campus followed by two additional years at the University of Southern Mississippi
- Minimum of 26 semester hours of Electronics at Hinds CC
- English, College Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus, Physics, and Computer Programming at Hinds CC
- Additional two years of required courses at the University of Southern Mississippi
- Associate of Applied Science: 60–62 hrs.
- Career Certificate: 30 hrs.
- Technical Certificate: 45 hrs.