Electrical Technology prepares you for employment in the electrical ﬁeld. Classes include instruction with laboratory exercises using industry-grade equipment. You will learn to install, maintain, and repair electrically energized systems found in residential, commercial, and industrial settings.
A career in electrical technology presents a wide variety of career opportunities to you, including, maintenance electrician, industrial electrician, independent contractor, and more. This in-demand training will help you begin or advance your current career or lay the foundation for you to continue your education. You can choose a Career or Technical Certificate or an Associate in Applied Science Degree from the Electrical Technology Department.
- Fundamentals of Electricity
- A.C. Circuits
- D.C. Circuits
- Residential/Light Commercial Wiring
- Branch Circuit and Service Entrance Calculations
- Blueprint Reading/Planning the Residential Installation
- Switching Circuits
- Commercial and Industrial Wiring Electrical Power
- Estimating Cost of Residential Installations
- Motor Control Systems
- Special Project
- Supervised Work Experience
- Solid State Motor Controls
- Programmable Logic Controls
Important Program Information
- DEGREES / CERTIFICATES
- Associate of Applied Science
- Career Certificate
- Technical Certificate
- Submit an official Hinds CC application for admission
- Request that an official high school transcript or GED scores and ACT scores be sent to the Office of Admissions and Records if you are a high school graduate.
- Take the ACCUPLACER placement test to assess developmental needs.
- Interview with the instructor and complete the interview form.
- Successfully complete the three-semester program
- Complete the post-test and show academic gain
- Participate in graduation exercises to receive Certificate or Degree
What better way to get to know Hinds than to come for a campus tour! We offer customized tours for all of our beautiful campuses. We also offer virtual tours. Come see what Hinds has to offer.
At Hinds CC it’s easy to apply, and there’s no application fee! We have an open-door admission policy that offers all students general admission to the college. Take the first step towards your future and apply today!
Speak with a Recruiter
We are here to guide you through the enrollment process and help you make a smooth transition to Hinds. We invite you to contact us with any questions regarding your admissions and enrollment.