GED® or HSE
That’s what it took to earn your high school equivalency diploma. The hard work you have put into pushing yourself forward and upward is a major accomplishment. We want to honor that hard work by committing to help you as you continue your education.
How do I apply?
- Submit a complete application for admission to Hinds CC.
- Submit the official transcript from the last college attended showing the completion of at least three credit hours in a Math course and three credit hours in an English course.
- If you have not completed at least one Math and one English course on the college level with a “D” or above, submit your official ACT scores. If you have not taken the ACT, you may take the Accuplacer at any Hinds CC location.
Tip: If you submit a college transcript during the middle of a semester showing “in-progress” courses, be sure to submit another official transcript after your grades are posted.)
How do I submit official transcripts?
To complete your admission, the transcripts you submit to Hinds must be “official”.
- If you received a High School Equivalency Diploma, we recommend that you request your official transcript (not your diploma) through Diploma Sender.
- Diploma Sender may send an official, electronic transcript to Hinds, which is the fastest method of delivery. If a Hinds email address is required during this request, please provide Records@hindscc.edu.
- Diploma Sender may also mail an official, sealed transcript to this address: Hinds Community College, Office of Admissions, PO Box 1100, Raymond, MS 39154.
- Please note: copies of your transcript or diploma are not accepted. Emailed and faxed transcripts are also not accepted.
Get more Transcript Tips.
How do I know if I am accepted?
All students who meet the minimum admission requirements are accepted to Hinds CC! Several business days after you apply to Hinds CC, you’ll receive a welcome email sent to the email address provided on your application. This will include instructions for accessing your HindsNet ID and My.Hinds student account.
How and when can I register for classes?
Once you have met all college admission requirements, you can register at any time during our Open Registration period. No appointment is necessary to register. Simply visit any Hinds CC location during our Open Registration period, or request Remote Advising.
Early registration is encouraged. Once a student is advised, they can register online for future semesters.
Registration occurs in three (3) periods during the year:
- Early April to late-May (for summer terms)
- Early April to early August (for fall term)
- Late October to early-January (for spring term)
Late registration occurs during the first few days of each semester. Students registering during late registration will incur additional fees. Students are encouraged to register early to avoid lines and filled classes. Before registering, you must complete all admission requirements.
How do I apply for housing?
Submit the housing application with a $52.00 non-refundable room reservation fee to the Office of Housing and Residence Life. New students will be notified of their room assignment during summer orientation and notifications will be mailed to returning students in June for the Fall and December for the Spring.
Come For A Visit
It only takes one visit to see what sets Hinds Community College apart from other colleges. When you schedule a campus visit, you'll be able to meet with a recruiter, get a personal tour of campus, and interact with other students. Tours are available by appointment at all six Hinds locations.
What better way to get to know Hinds than to come for a campus tour! We offer customized tours for all of our beautiful campuses. We also offer virtual tours. Come see what Hinds has to offer.
At Hinds CC it’s easy to apply, and there’s no application fee! We have an open-door admission policy that offers all students general admission to the college. Take the first step towards your future and apply today!
Speak with a Recruiter
We are here to guide you through the enrollment process and help you make a smooth transition to Hinds. We invite you to contact us with any questions regarding your admissions and enrollment.