That’s what it took to earn your high school equivalency diploma. The hard work you have put into pushing yourself forward and upward is a major accomplishment. We want to honor that hard work by committing to help you as you continue your education.


How do I apply?

If you received a high school equivalency diploma and this will be your first time in college, follow these steps to get admitted:

  1. Submit a complete application for admission to Hinds CC.
  2. Submit your official high school equivalency diploma transcript. We recommend using DiplomaSender to request your official transcript to be sent directly to Hinds. We accept the following equivalency diplomas: GED, HiSET, TASC, or Mississippi Competency-Based Diploma. from the last college attended showing the completion of at least three credit hours in a Math course and three credit hours in an English course.
  3. Submit official ACT scores or take the Accuplacer at any Hind campus.
How do I submit official transcripts?

To complete your admission, the transcripts you submit to Hinds must be “official”.

  1. Official transcripts are those that are sent directly from your school to Hinds. However, emailed or faxed transcripts from your school are not accepted as official.
  2. Hinds accepts official transcripts in these ways:
    • If you are sending a high school equivalency diploma transcript, we recommend you use DiplomaSender.
    • Your school may mail an official, sealed transcript to this address: Hinds Community College, Office of Admissions, PO Box 1100, Raymond, MS 39154.
    • Most colleges and some high schools send official electronic transcripts. Official electronic transcripts are sent through a secure, third-party transcript service agency. When you request an electronic transcript, it will be transmitted to Hinds through a secure site and available for us to download. If a Hinds email address is required when you submit a request for an official electronic transcript, you must provide No other email address is accepted. In addition, transcripts emailed to that address are not accepted. This email address is only used for official electronic transcript transmittal.


  3. If you have an official, sealed transcript from your school in your possession, you may mail it or bring it to Hinds only if it remains in the original, sealed school envelope. Opened transcripts are not accepted.
    In-progress high school transcripts: if you submit a high school transcript before you graduate, you will need to submit another one after you graduate.
  4. In-progress college transcripts: if you submit a college transcript showing any coursework as “in-progress”, you will need to submit another one after your grades are posted.
How do I know if I am accepted?

All students who meet the minimum admission requirements are accepted to Hinds CC! Several business days after you apply to Hinds CC, you’ll receive a welcome email sent to the email address provided on your application. This will include instructions for accessing your HindsNet ID and My.Hinds student account.

How and when can I register for classes?

Once you have met all college admission requirements, you can register at any time during our Open Registration period. No appointment is necessary to register. Simply visit any Hinds CC location during our Open Registration period, or request Remote Advising.

Early registration is encouraged. Once a student is advised, they can register online for future semesters.

Registration occurs in three (3) periods during the year:

  • Early April to late-May (for summer terms)
  • Early April to early August (for fall term)
  • Late October to early-January (for spring term)

Late registration occurs during the first few days of each semester. Students registering during late registration will incur additional fees. Students are encouraged to register early to avoid lines and filled classes. Before registering, you must complete all admission requirements.

View More Registration Information

How do I apply for housing?

Submit the housing application with a $100.00 non-refundable room reservation fee to the Office of Housing and Residence Life. New students will be notified of their room assignment during summer orientation and notifications will be mailed to returning students in June for the Fall and December for the Spring.

Come For A Visit

It only takes one visit to see what sets Hinds Community College apart from other colleges. When you schedule a campus visit, you'll be able to meet with a recruiter, get a personal tour of campus, and interact with other students. Tours are available by appointment at all six Hinds locations.

Next Steps


What better way to get to know Hinds than to come for a campus tour! We offer customized tours for all of our beautiful campuses. We also offer virtual tours. Come see what Hinds has to offer.


At Hinds CC it’s easy to apply, and there’s no application fee! We have an open-door admission policy that offers all students general admission to the college. Take the first step towards your future and apply today!

Speak with a Recruiter

We are here to guide you through the enrollment process and help you make a smooth transition to Hinds. We invite you to contact us with any questions regarding your admissions and enrollment.


Communications Center
Financial Aid