First Time College Students
We are thrilled that you are considering Hinds CC for your very first college experience. We know how big of a decision this is, and how memorable this time of your life will be. No matter what your college and career goals may be, starting at Hinds CC will you the foundation you need to build a bright future.
Programs of Study
With both Academic and Career & Technical programs, we offer students a variety of choices.
Find out how much money you could save at Hinds CC!
Not sure how you are going to pay for college? Don't worry, we will help you find a way.
How do I apply?
- Submit a complete application for admission to Hinds CC.
- Submit your official high school transcript showing your graduation date and verification of the receipt of a standard high school diploma.
- Submit official ACT scores. If you have not taken the ACT, you may take the Accuplacer at any Hinds CC location.
How do I submit official transcripts?
To complete your admission, the transcripts you submit to Hinds must be “official”.
- Official transcripts are those that are sent directly from your school to Hinds. However, emailed or faxed transcripts from your school are not accepted as official.
- Hinds accepts official transcripts in these ways:
- Your school may mail an official, sealed transcript to this address: Hinds Community College, Office of Admissions, PO Box 1100, Raymond, MS 39154.
- Most colleges and some high schools send official electronic transcripts. Official electronic transcripts are sent through a secure, third-party transcript service agency. When you request an electronic transcript, it will be transmitted to Hinds through a secure site and available for us to download. If a Hinds email address is required when you submit a request for an official electronic transcript, you must provide Records@hindscc.edu. No other email address is accepted. In addition, transcripts emailed to that address are not accepted. This email address is only used for official electronic transcript transmittal.
- If you have an official, sealed transcript from your school in your possession, you may mail it or bring it to Hinds only if it remains in the original, sealed school envelope. Opened transcripts are not accepted.
- In-progress high school transcripts: if you submit a high school transcript before you graduate, you will need to submit another one after you graduate.
- In-progress college transcripts: if you submit a college transcript showing any coursework as “in-progress”, you will need to submit another one after your grades are posted.
Get more Transcript Tips.
How do I know if I am accepted?
How and when can I register for classes?
Once you have met all college admission requirements, you can register at any time during our Open Registration period. No appointment is necessary to register. Simply visit any Hinds CC location during our Open Registration period, or request Remote Advising.
Early registration is encouraged. Once a student is advised, they can register online for future semesters.
Registration occurs in three (3) periods during the year:
- Early April to late-May (for summer terms)
- Early April to early August (for fall term)
- Late October to early-January (for spring term)
Late registration occurs during the first few days of each semester. Students registering during late registration will incur additional fees. Students are encouraged to register early to avoid lines and filled classes. Before registering, you must complete all admission requirements.
How do I apply for housing?
Submit the housing application with a $52.00 non-refundable room reservation fee to the Office of Housing and Residence Life. New students will be notified of their room assignment during summer orientation and notifications will be mailed to returning students in June for the Fall and December for the Spring.
Come For A Visit
It only takes one visit to see what sets Hinds Community College apart from other colleges. When you schedule a campus visit, you'll be able to meet with a recruiter, get a personal tour of campus, and interact with other students.
Tours are available by appointment at all six Hinds locations. You can schedule your tour by phone or online.