Dual Credit


A Dual Credit student is enrolled in a community college while enrolled in high school and receiving high school and college credit for postsecondary coursework.

Admission to Dual Credit

  • Students must have completed at least ten (10) core high school units and must have taken the ACT or ACCUPLACER. ACT subscores or ACCUPLACER scores are used to place students in the appropriate courses.
  • Students with less than ten (10) core high school units may be considered for dual credit admission if they have at least a thirty (30) composite ACT score.*
  • Students must have an unconditional written recommendation from high school principal or guidance counselor.

* Career and Technical Education dual credit students may not be required to meet the same core unit or minimum GPA requirements.

How To Enroll

Students interested in participating in this program should contact their respective high school counselor prior to enrollment at Hinds CC.

  1. Complete a Hinds CC application.
  2. Submit an official, signed high school transcript.
  3. Submit official ACT scores (typically on the high school transcript) or take the ACCUPLACER test.
  4. Submit a letter of recommendation from their high school principal or guidance counselor.

Important Things to Know

  • No financial aid is available for dual credit students.
  • Developmental education courses are not eligible for dual credit.
  • Upon completion of high school, students must submit an official final transcript showing confirmation of high school graduation before College transcripts will be released.
  • Students planning to attend Hinds once they have graduated high school will be required to submit a new HCC admissions application as a high school graduate.  They should then follow all the admissions requirements of a Beginning Freshman. These requirements can be found under the Admissions section of our college catalog.


Please contact your local high school counselor prior to enrolling.