Our Nursing Assistant course provides instruction in knowledge and performance skills to provide basic care to patients in hospitals, long-term care facilities, and personal homes. You will learn several in-demand skills like medical terminology, basic nursing skills, monitoring vital signs, safety and emergency procedures, patient and resident rights, and more. Upon successful completion of the curriculum, you will be eligible for the certification test for nursing assistants. This 100-hour course is offered each semester. Classes begin in the summer, spring, and fall semesters.
The Nursing Assistant course at Hinds Community College prepares you for entry-level positions in a variety of healthcare settings. You will acquire the education and experience necessary to start a career in the nursing ﬁeld. If you’re looking to launch a career in the medical ﬁeld, and think nursing assistant is the right position for you, this is the best first step.
- Nursing & Allied Health
Important Course Information
Complete and submit the following:
- Application for Admission to Hinds Community College
- Application for Selection (Summer 2022) to the Nursing Assistant Program
- Application for Selection (Fall 2022) to the Nursing Assistant Program
- Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
- Effective for Fall 2022 applications will be available from February 1 thru July 31 with preference given to applications completed by April 15.
- Effective for Spring 2023 applications will be available September 1 thru January 1 with preference given to applications completed by October 31.
- Effective for Summer 2023 applications will be available February 1 thru May 15 with preference given to applications completed by April 15.
- Validation of high school graduation by official high school transcript or high school equivalency transcript (GED®, HiSET®, TASC™, or Mississippi Competency-Based High School Equivalency). (For currently enrolled high school students, an updated transcript, validating high school graduation, will be required prior to beginning the program.)
- Official college transcripts from all colleges, except Hinds Community College.
- ACT composite score of 15 (12 if taken before October 1989) OR an official Next Generation ACCUPLACER Reading score of 246, ACCUPLACER Reading score of 76, or Compass® Reading score of 72.
- Selection is based on the earliest date of completion.
Submit all completed forms to
Office of Admissions
Nursing/Allied Health Center
1750 Chadwick Drive
Jackson, MS 39204-3490
Submitting information to other locations will delay the processing of the applicant’s file.
What better way to get to know Hinds than to come for a campus tour! We offer customized tours for all of our beautiful campuses. We also offer virtual tours. Come see what Hinds has to offer.
At Hinds CC it’s easy to apply, and there’s no application fee! We have an open-door admission policy that offers all students general admission to the college. Take the first step towards your future and apply today!
Speak with a Recruiter
We are here to guide you through the enrollment process and help you make a smooth transition to Hinds. We invite you to contact us with any questions regarding your admissions and enrollment.