Emergency Medical Technician
Our Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) course is specifically designed for you to start your path as an EMT. This one-semester course is offered each fall and spring semester as an entry-level and foundational course in emergency medical sciences. Upon completion, you will be eligible to take the EMT National Registry exam.
EMTs provide assessment, care, and transport to patients in and out of the hospital setting. They function under physician medical direction and serve our communities, working for local ambulance services, paid and volunteer ﬁre departments, hospitals, and other health care organizations.
This path offers training for stable career opportunities throughout Mississippi and the United States.
- Nursing Allied Health Center
Important Course Information
All requirements must be sent to:
Office of Admissions
Nursing/Allied Health Center
1750 Chadwick Dr.,
Jackson, MS 39204-3490
- Application for admission to Hinds Community College
- Application to the EMT Course
- Validation of high school graduation by official high school transcript or high school equivalency transcript (GED®, HiSET®, TASC™, or Mississippi Competency-Based High School Equivalency). (For currently enrolled high school students, an updated transcript, validating high school graduation, will be required prior to beginning the program.)
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended, except Hinds Community College.
- ACT composite score of 17 (14 if taken before October 1989); Students eligible for the Public Service Option may substitute a Next Generation ACCUPLACER Reading score of 246, ACCUPLACER Reading score of 76, or Compass® Reading score of 72; the Public Service Option requires an employer letter verifying employment in the field of emergency medical service, fire service, law enforcement, child service, or health care.
- Students must be 18 years old by the date of program completion.
The Hinds CC EMS Paramedic program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions.
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
9355 – 113th St. N, #7709
Seminole, FL 33775
Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions
301 Lakeview Parkway
Rowlett, TX 75088