The Spring 2022 group of honorees in the Hinds Heroes employee recognition program at Hinds Community College have been named.
Hinds Heroes are chosen because they represent the college well, provide exceptional customer service to all its customers and consistently promote the Hinds mission of service. Heroes selected receive a lapel pin, a token of appreciation and one free day off work.
In alphabetical order, this semester’s honorees from the nominations are as follows:
- Regina Adams, Cosmetology Instructor at the Utica Campus. She has been with Hinds for 7 ½ years. Her duties planning and preparing the course curriculum and lesson plans and instructing students in courses that include hair, skin, makeup and nail technology.
- Mary Beth Applin, Dean of Libraries at the Raymond Campus. She has been with Hinds for 12 years. Her duties include coordinating and teaching library research skills to graduate and undergraduate students.
- Connie Bain, Human Resources Specialist at the Raymond Campus. She has been with Hinds for 10 years, including six as a full-time employee. Her duties include employee hires, orientation training, retirement, workers compensation and FMLA, among other duties.
- Eric Bobo, Social and Behavioral Sciences Instructor at the Raymond Campus. He has been with Hinds for 22 years. His duties include teaching history classes, working with faculty and history, sociology, psychology, philosophy, political science, criminal justice and humanities.
- Lt. Nakia Clemons, Police Department at the Raymond Campus. He has been with Hinds for 14 years. His duties include ensuring safety for the campus and students and investigating all thefts that occur on campus.
- Betty Davis, Custodian at the Raymond Campus. She has been with Hinds for 20 years. Her duties include maintaining the areas in McKenzie Arena, Physical Plant and Denton Hall.
- Valarie Easterling, Administrative Assistant in the Academic Dean’s Office at the Rankin Campus. She has been with Hinds for 5 ½ years. Her duties include all clerical duties for the Academic Department, including course building, academic reports, period activity pay for adjunct instructors, purchasing for the department and assisting with student issues and faculty orientation.
- Donny Epting, Recruiter/HBCU Liaison at the Utica Campus. He has been with Hinds for six years. His duties involve providing prospective students information about the college’s locations, programs of study and all aspects related to enrollment.
- Ward Marsh, Aviation Maintenance Technology Instructor at the Raymond Campus. He has been with Hinds for six years. His duties include being a full-time aviation mechanic instructor and being curriculum coordinator for the program.
- Melissa Tillson, Dean of Nursing at the Jackson Campus-Nursing/Allied Health Center. She has been with Hinds for 20 years. Her duties include management of the administrative functions of the Associate Degree Nursing, Practical Nursing and Health Care Assistant programs, as well as providing leadership and support to faculty and students.
- Sarah Teasley, Chair of the Art Department and director of the Marie Hull Art Gallery on the Raymond Campus. She has been with Hinds for nearly 10 years. Her duties include directing the department and curriculum development.
- Shelia Thompson, District Coordinator of High School Equivalency Testing at the Raymond Campus. She has been with Hinds for 13 years. Her duties include directing testing for those who are pursuing a High School Equivalency credential from Hinds.
Lt. Nakia Clemons, Hinds Hero, not pictured above