Returning to Hinds

Welcome Back!

Whether you are returning to finish your degree or changing careers, we are excited to have you back at Hinds CC.


Will I need to submit a new application?

If you have been out for more than one semester (excluding Summer semesters) you will need to submit a new application. If you have graduated you will also need to submit a new application (even if you graduated in the Spring and are returning in the Fall).

How do I submit official transcripts?

To complete your admission, the transcripts you submit to Hinds must be “official”.

  • Official transcripts are those that are sent directly from your school to Hinds. However, emailed or faxed transcripts from your school are not accepted as official.
  • Hinds accepts official transcripts in these ways:
    1. Your school may mail an official, sealed transcript to this address: Hinds Community College, Office of Admissions, PO Box 1100, Raymond, MS 39154.
    2. Most colleges and some high schools send official electronic transcripts. Official electronic transcripts are sent through a secure, third-party transcript service agency. When you request an electronic transcript, it will be transmitted to Hinds through a secure site and available for us to download. If a Hinds email address is required when you submit a request for an official electronic transcript, you must provide No other email address is accepted. In addition, transcripts emailed to that address are not accepted. This email address is only used for official electronic transcript transmittal.
    3. If you have an official, sealed transcript from your school in your possession, you may mail it or bring it to Hinds only if it remains in the original, sealed school envelope. Opened transcripts are not accepted.
  • In-progress high school transcripts: if you submit a high school transcript before you graduate, you will need to submit another one after you graduate.
  • In-progress college transcripts: if you submit a college transcript showing any coursework as “in-progress”, you will need to submit another one after your grades are posted.

Get more Transcript Tips.

Will I need to meet with a counselor?

Returning students must be re-advised by a Hinds CC counselor before registering for classes.

How and when can I register for classes?

Once you have met all college admission requirements, you can register at any time during our Open Registration period. No appointment is necessary to register. Simply visit any Hinds CC location during our Open Registration period, or request Remote Advising.

Early registration is encouraged. Once a student is advised, they can register online for future semesters.

Registration occurs in three (3) periods during the year:

  • Early April to late-May (for summer terms)
  • Early April to early August (for fall term)
  • Late October to early-January (for spring term)

Late registration occurs during the first few days of each semester. Students registering during late registration will incur additional fees. Students are encouraged to register early to avoid lines and filled classes. Before registering, you must complete all admission requirements.

View More Registration Information

Come For A Visit

It only takes one visit to see what sets Hinds Community College apart from other colleges. When you schedule a campus visit, you'll be able to meet with a recruiter, get a personal tour of campus, and interact with other students. Tours are available by appointment at all six Hinds locations.

Next Steps


What better way to get to know Hinds than to come for a campus tour! We offer customized tours for all of our beautiful campuses. We also offer virtual tours. Come see what Hinds has to offer.


At Hinds CC it’s easy to apply, and there’s no application fee! We have an open-door admission policy that offers all students general admission to the college. Take the first step towards your future and apply today!

Speak with a Recruiter

We are here to guide you through the enrollment process and help you make a smooth transition to Hinds. We invite you to contact us with any questions regarding your admissions and enrollment.


Communications Center
Financial Aid