Foundation Scholarships are given by the Hinds Community College Foundation and are awarded on a competitive basis to students who demonstrate academic excellence, involvement in extracurricular activities, financial need, and a desire for achievement.
Submit a complete Foundation Scholarship packet by February 15 for consideration by the Foundation Scholarship Committee.
- Submit an Application for Admission to Hinds CC.
- Submit an Application for Foundation Scholarships.
- If you are enrolling at Hinds in the Fall 2021 or Spring 2022 semester, submit the 2021-2022 Foundation Scholarship Application.
- If you plan to enroll in the Fall 2022 semester, you may submit the 2022 application on or after October 15.
Only the candidates who submit a complete scholarship packet by February 15 will be considered. Documents may be submitted in any of these ways: 1) by mail to the Office of Enrollment Services, P.O. Box 1100, Raymond, MS 39154, 2) hand-delivered to Fountain Hall on the Raymond Campus, or 3) emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: if awarded a Foundation Scholarship, recipients must meet the following requirements to receive and retain this award:
- Submit a Foundation Scholarship Acceptance form, which will be included in the recipient’s award packet.
- Write a thank you letter to the individual donor who is providing the Foundation Scholarship.
- Attend a Scholarship Recognition Program each year the Foundation Scholarship is awarded.
- Enroll in and be marked present in 15 or more credit hours each semester (unless otherwise noted by the individual donor criteria).
- Complete each semester with 12 or more credit hours.
- Maintain the cumulative GPA required by the individual donor criteria. Cumulative GPA includes all credit earned at Hinds, even while dual enrolled.
- A student receiving a Foundation Scholarship which is designated for a certain major or campus location will forfeit that scholarship if he/she changes majors or campus locations and no longer meets the individual donor criteria.
For more information, please see the Foundation Scholarship Policy in the student handbook or call 601-857-3744.