Foundation Scholarships are given by the Hinds Community College Foundation and are awarded on a competitive basis to students who demonstrate academic excellence, involvement in extracurricular activities, financial need, and a desire for achievement.
Submit a complete Foundation Scholarship packet by February 15 for consideration by the Foundation Scholarship Committee.
How to Apply
- Submit an Application for Admission to Hinds CC.
- Submit an Application for Foundation Scholarships.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from individuals representing areas such school, church, community, civic, work, etc. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure their recommendations have been submitted by the February 15 deadline. Please use this standard recommendation form.
- Submit a typed resume, which includes a list of achievements, honors, extracurricular activities, work, etc.
- Submit a copy of your high school transcript or equivalency diploma transcript and college transcripts, if applicable. Transcripts submitted for Foundation Scholarship purposes may be unofficial and will not be used for admission purposes. Transcripts should verify a current cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above. No Foundation Scholarship application will be considered if candidate’s GPA is below 2.0. If GPA is not listed on the high school transcript, submit a signed High School GPA Verification Form.
- Submit ACT scores (or high school equivalency diploma scores, if applicable)
- Optional: for students wishing to be considered for a Foundation Scholarship on the basis of financial need, submit FAFSA results to Hinds by February 15.
Only the candidates who submit a complete scholarship packet by February 15 will be considered. Documents may be submitted in any of these ways: 1) by mail to the Office of Enrollment Services, P.O. Box 1100, Raymond, MS 39154, 2) hand-delivered to Fountain Hall on the Raymond Campus, or 3) emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: if awarded a Foundation Scholarship, recipients must meet the following requirements to receive and retain this award:
- Submit a Foundation Scholarship Acceptance form, which will be included in the recipient’s award packet.
- Write a thank you letter to the individual donor who is providing the Foundation Scholarship.
- Attend a Scholarship Recognition Program each year the Foundation Scholarship is awarded.
- Enroll in and be marked present in 15 or more credit hours each semester (unless otherwise noted by the individual donor criteria).
- Complete each semester with 12 or more credit hours.
- Maintain the cumulative GPA required by the individual donor criteria. Cumulative GPA includes all credit earned at Hinds, even while dual enrolled.
- A student receiving a Foundation Scholarship which is designated for a certain major or campus location will forfeit that scholarship if he/she changes majors or campus locations and no longer meets the individual donor criteria.
For more information, please see the Foundation Scholarship Policy in the student handbook or call 601-857-3744.