Welcome to ScholarshipUniverse!
ScholarshipUniverse (SU) is the scholarship portal for many scholarships offered by Hinds Community College, as well as private scholarships offered by companies and organizations around the United States. SU allows you to search for scholarships, get matched to scholarships for which you qualify, and apply online all in one spot.
How do I log in to SU?
- Apply for general admission to Hinds, if you have not done so already.
- After you apply, you will receive a Hinds student ID via email along with instructions for how to log in to My.Hinds, which is your Hinds student account.
- You can then log in to SU with the same username and password that you use for My.Hinds.
What scholarships can I apply for within SU?
- The following Hinds scholarship applications are housed within SU: all Foundation Scholarships, the Eagle Scout and Gold Award Scout Scholarship, the Valedictorian and Salutatorian Scholarship, the Career/Technical Competition Winner Scholarship, and all High School Equivalency Diploma scholarships.
- Scholarship applications for private scholarships offered outside of Hinds can also be found in SU.
- Some Hinds scholarships (such as Band, Music, Dance, Honors, and STEM) have separate applications that can be found under each individual scholarship page.
How do I apply for scholarships in SU?
- Once logged in to SU, get started by clicking on “Questions” in the dashboard menu.
- These questions help match you to scholarships for which you qualify.
- The more questions you answer, the better!
- After answering the questions, you’ll be able to view your matches.
- Then, you will be able to apply for the scholarships to which you matched.
- Foundation Scholarships will require you to upload a resume when you apply. So, be sure you have your resume saved as a PDF so you can upload it to the application. You may also compose the resume from within the application instead of uploading the document.
- Foundation Scholarships will also require you to upload an unofficial transcript from the current or most recent school attended. Here are some transcript tips:
- If you are a high school senior, upload a copy of your current high school transcript, and make sure that your current GPA is included on the transcript.
- If you are a Hinds student, obtain a copy of your transcript from the Office of Admissions or download an unofficial copy from your My.Hinds account.
- If you have multiple transcripts you’d like to upload, scan them all together so you can upload them as one document.
- Foundation scholarships also require two letters of recommendation. Here are some tips for obtaining letters of recommendation:
- The person who writes your letter of recommendation should be someone representing areas such as school, church, community, civic, work, etc. It should not be a family member.
- It is helpful to give a recommender about a two-week notice before you need the letter.
- It is your responsibility to obtain the letter back from your recommender and upload it to this application before the deadline.
- You may ask your recommender to provide you with a typed letter, or you may provide your recommender with a link to this Standard Recommendation Form. They may print, fill out, and sign the recommendation form and return it to you so that you may upload it to this application by the deadline.
- You can always start a scholarship application and go back and finish it later! But you cannot submit an application after the deadline. So, if you match to a scholarship that requires you to upload documents, be sure to give yourself enough time to gather the documents and upload them to the application by the deadline.
Can I edit my answers to matching questions?
Yes! It’s easy to make changes to your matching questions in two easy steps.
- Click on the Questions tab from the SU menu.
- Then, click on the pencil icon to edit your response.
Can I edit an application that has already been submitted?
Yes, but only if the deadline has not passed yet! After a deadline passes for a scholarship, you cannot edit the application. We recommend reviewing your answers and documents carefully before the deadline.
I’m already receiving a Hinds Scholarship. Do I have to reapply for that scholarship in SU?
- No. If you are currently receiving a scholarship from Hinds, and you are eligible to receive it again next year, it will automatically be renewed if you meet all scholarship requirements.
- If you are currently receiving a Foundation Scholarship from Hinds and you are eligible to receive it again next year, you will be notified via your Hinds email on how to renew the award, which will include steps like signing an acceptance form again and writing another thank you letter to the scholarship sponsor.