Commercial Truck & Bus Driving
Our Commercial Truck Driving program will prepare you for employment in the ﬁeld of transportation. You can also use the program as an enhancement or stackable credential to other career-technical programs currently being offered. The curriculum content includes the Department of Transportation rules and regulations, Mississippi requirements for obtaining a commercial driver’s license (CDL), and the operation of a semi-tractor-trailer. You will receive classroom and hands-on equipment training. Employability, work maturity, and basic educational skills will be taught.
- $4,000 Scholarship: drive for 1 year with KLLM
- Earning $114.28 per day, up to $800 a week while on the truck
- $250 – $500 Incentive Bonuses
- Fully accredited training academy
State-of-the-art Tractor-Trailer Simulators
- Refrigerated Trailer Lab & Computer Lab
- Train in the same equipment you’ll drive as a KLLM truck driver
- Late-model tractors with modern technology
- Great job with KLLM upon completion of the program
- Comprehensive benefits package after 3 months of employment
- 401(k) eligibility after 6 months of employment and fully vested after 5 years
Important Program Information
- DEGREES / CERTIFICATES
- Career Certificate
- Candidates must be at least 21 years of age.
- Pass a Department of Transportation physical and drug screen, along with a company hair follicle drug screen. For federal regulations, see Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, part 391.47.
- Provide photo identification, original birth certificate, and original Social Security card (name must match the name on the photo identification).
- Provide two proofs of residency.
- If no ACT test scores are on file, take the ACCUPLACER placement test with no specific score required.
What better way to get to know Hinds than to come for a campus tour! We offer customized tours for all of our beautiful campuses. We also offer virtual tours. Come see what Hinds has to offer.
At Hinds CC it’s easy to apply, and there’s no application fee! We have an open-door admission policy that offers all students general admission to the college. Take the first step towards your future and apply today!
Speak with a Recruiter
We are here to guide you through the enrollment process and help you make a smooth transition to Hinds. We invite you to contact us with any questions regarding your admissions and enrollment.