Financial Aid Refunds
Not all students receive financial aid refunds. Students receiving aid that exceeds their total charges at Hinds Community College will receive a refund. Financial aid that students have been awarded will be available for the payment of their tuition and fees at the beginning of each semester. Students who have remaining aid after their financial aid has been applied to their total charges (tuition/fees, room, board) may use their remaining aid in any of the Hinds Bookstores for the purchase of books and educational supplies related to the classes that they are attending. Any aid remaining after purchasing textbooks and supplies will be refunded to students according to the refund dates shown below.
Students must be enrolled and attending classes which are applicable to their program of study and making satisfactory academic progress in these classes in order to receive financial aid refunds.
Please note – Students will receive a Disclosure Statement from Direct Loans that will show the dates (and amounts) that funds will be released to the College. Students will receive an email when funds are actually released to the College. Students have 14 days from that date to decline those funds if they do not wish to borrow those funds.
- After becoming a student at Hinds, you will receive a green envelope in the mail from BankMobile.
- The letter will provide you with a personal code and website (RefundSelection.com) where you must go to select your refund method.
- You must select your preferred refund method: either personal bank account or a BankMobile debit card.
- Didn’t get your green envelope? Go to RefundSelection.com and click on “Get a Code”.
- Additional questions? Please call 601-857-3205.
|June 25, 2020||1st Refund for students enrolled in 8 week classes or 1st 4-week classes (Direct Loans and/or Pell Grants). Students in 1st 4-week classes only will recieve Direct Loans and/or Pell Grants.|
|July 23, 2020||2nd Refund for students enrolled in 8 week classes or 1st Refund for students enrolled in 2nd 4 week classes (Direct Loans and/or Pell Grants)|