70 Years of Tradition
Since 1949, the Hinds Hi-Steppers have held a history of excellence serving as one of the oldest precision dance lines in the nation. They have performed for audiences across the United States, Canada, and Europe. No group in the U.S. has received more invitations to nationally televised bowl games, professional football games, or national parades than the Hi-Steppers. The Hi-Steppers are still a favorite today as they perform with the Eagle Marching Band at football games, exhibitions, parades, and community and charitable events. Known as Mississippi’s Goodwill Ambassadors, the dancers have given their time and energy to many worthy causes.
History of the Hi-Steppers
Find out more about the history of the Hi-Steppers and our longtime former director Mrs. Anna Bee. A pictorial history can be found on the Mississippi Digital Library website and by visiting Anna Cowden Bee Hall on the Raymond Campus.
Application, Clinics, & Auditions
In order to audition, candidates must complete the Hi-Steppers online application and must attend at least one of the clinics. Students in grades 7-12 are welcome to attend clinics.
Clinics and auditions will be held at Bee Hall on the following dates:
- Clinic – Saturday, February 6, 2021, 9:00am – 12pm
- Clinic – Saturday, March 6, 2021, 9:00am – 12pm
- Audition – Saturday, March 27, 2021, 8:30am – 12:30pm
- Audition – Saturday, April 24, 2021, 8:30am – 12:30pm
- Black dance shorts
- Black leotard or black spandex sleeveless top (must be form-fitting)
- Tan tights
- Jazz shoes, dance sneakers (split sole), or aerobic type sneakers