Valedictorian & Salutatorian Scholarships
Hinds Community College is proud to offer a full-tuition scholarship to eligible high school seniors graduating as Valedictorian or Salutatorian from a high school located in the Hinds Community College District (Hinds, Rankin, Warren, Claiborne, and Copiah counties).
Full-tuition for up to four consecutive semesters, excluding summer terms.
July 1 Priority Deadline.
- Submit an Application for Admission to Hinds CC.
- Submit the Application for the Valedictorian and Salutatorian Scholarship.
- Submit an official, final high school transcript verifying your class rank as 1st or 2nd in your class from an accredited high school in Hinds, Rankin, Warren, Claiborne, or Copiah county.
- Be a first-time entering freshman, meaning Hinds must be the first college you attend after receiving your high school diploma or High School Equivalency diploma.
- Be admitted to Hinds CC as a Mississippi resident and as a U.S. citizen.• Have a standard high school diploma.
Please note: to receive and retain this award, Valedictorian or Salutatorian Scholarship recipients must enroll in and be marked present in 15 or more credit hours each semester, must complete each semester with 12 or more credit hours and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. Cumulative GPA includes all credit earned at Hinds, even while dual enrolled.
For more information, please see theValedictorian or Salutatorian Scholarship Policy in the student handbook or call 601-857-3502.