Valedictorian & Salutatorian Scholarships
Hinds is proud to offer a scholarship to eligible high school seniors who graduate as Valedictorian or Salutatorian from an accredited high school in Mississippi.
Half-tuition for up to four consecutive semesters, excluding summer terms.
July 1 Priority Deadline.
- Be a first-time entering freshman, meaning Hinds must be the first college you attend after receiving your high school diploma or High School Equivalency diploma.
- Be admitted to Hinds CC as a Mississippi resident and as a U.S. citizen.
- Have a standard high school diploma.
How to Apply
- Submit an Application for Admission to Hinds CC, and you’ll receive your student ID and HindsNet login credentials via email.
- Using your HindsNet login credentials, log in to the ScholarshipUniverse portal. From there, you’ll answer a series of questions that will match you to scholarship opportunities. After answering the question regarding your class rank, you will be presented with the application for the Valedictorian & Salutatorian Scholarship.
- Upload to ScholarshipUniverse a final, unofficial high school transcript verifying your class rank as 1st or 2nd in your class from an accredited high school located in Mississippi. Accredited high schools include Mississippi public schools and private schools accredited through the Mississippi Association of Independent Schools (not homeschools.) Tip: one month before your graduation, you may also provide a typed letter on school letterhead signed by your principal or counselor verifying your predicted class rank.
Please note: to receive and retain this award, Valedictorian or Salutatorian Scholarship recipients must enroll in and be marked present in 15 or more credit hours each semester, must complete each semester with 12 or more credit hours and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. Cumulative GPA includes all credit earned at Hinds, even while dual-enrolled.
For more information, please see the Valedictorian and Salutatorian Scholarship Policy in the student handbook or call 601-857-3502.