Career & Technical Competition Winner Scholarships
The Career and Technical Competition Winner Scholarship is awarded on a competitive basis to first-time freshmen who placed first in a Skills USA, HOSA, FLBLA, DECA, FFA, or TSA competitive event while enrolled in a high school career or technical program. This scholarship is offered in order to promote career and technical education and is exclusively for students who wish to continue their education at Hinds in a career or technical program of study.
One-year, full-tuition scholarship (one fall and one spring semester)
July 1 Priority Deadline
- Submit an Application for Admission to Hinds CC.
- Submit the Application for the Career & Technical Competition Winner Scholarship.
- Submit evidence of your first-place award in an approved career/technical competition by email to Kathryn.Cole@hindcc.edu.
- Be a first-time entering freshman, meaning Hinds must be the first college you attend after receiving your high school diploma or High School Equivalency diploma.
- Be admitted to Hinds as a Mississippi resident and as a U.S. citizen.
- Have a standard high school diploma or High School Equivalency diploma.
- Enroll in an approved career or technical program.
Please note: to receive and retain this award, Career and Technical Competition Winner Scholarship recipients must maintain enrollment in an approved career or technical program of study, enroll in and be marked present in 15 or more credit hours each semester, complete each semester with 12 or more credit hours, and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher. Cumulative GPA includes all credit earned at Hinds, even while dual enrolled.
For more information, please see the Career and Technical Competition Winner Scholarship Policy in the student handbook or call 601-857-3502.