Hinds Cares 2021 Summer Grant
Free Summer School

Deadline Has Passed

Thank you for your interest in our “Free Summer School” grant for the Summer 2021 semester, but the deadline to apply has passed.

Students not currently enrolled

Students not currently enrolled in the Spring 2021 semester must apply to the Summer 2021 term by April 23 to determine eligibility for the Hinds Summer Grant (free summer tuition and fees). These students can continue to submit their required admission documents and register for classes after April 23 but must be registered for classes by May 31.

Current Hinds CC Students

Current Hinds CC students enrolled in the Spring 2021 semester do not need to apply. Just be sure to register for classes by May 31 to become eligible.

Hinds Cares About Your Education

And to prove how much we care, for the Summer 2021 semester we are offering the Hinds CARES Summer Grant!

Who is eligible?

  • Current Hinds students
  • Dual enrolled students
  • High school graduates
  • College transfers
  • Transient students
  • Must be a US Resident

What does it cover?

  • Tuition for up to 12 credit hours in Face-to-Face & Online courses
  • Students may take anywhere from 1—12 credit hours
  • Fees for registration, technology, lab, and distance learning
  • Learning resources and books sold from the Hinds CC campus bookstores or through their online store

*Housing and meal plans will not be covered
**Some restrictions may apply

How do I sign up?

Meet admission requirements and register for summer classes. That’s it! We will take care of the rest. A balance will show up in your My.Hinds account after you register for classes, but we’ll remove your summer tuition and fees once the semester begins. PLEASE NOTE that out-of-state students may be required to provide additional documentation in the form of an application in order to cover the cost of the out-of-state tuition. Students who need to complete this information will be contacted via your Hinds CC email as well as by text to the phone number we have on file to be informed of this additional requirement.

For More Information

Funding by HEERF

Apply & Register in
3 Easy Steps
Step 1 - Apply

Apply for general admission to Hinds Community College, if you have not done so already.

Step 2 - Submit Transcripts & Scores
First-Time College Students

Submit your official high school transcript and ACT scores. If you have not had the ACT, take the ACCUPLACER at any Hinds campus. If you are still in high school, submit your final transcript after your graduation. If you received a high school equivalency (HSE) diploma, request your official HSE diploma transcript at www.diplomasender.com.

College-transfer students

Submit the official college transcript from the most recent college you attended showing the completion of at least three credit hours in both English and Math. If you submit an in-progress transcript, remember to submit another official college transcript after your grades are posted this semester. If you have not completed at least three credit hours of both English and Math, then you must also submit your official ACT scores or take the ACCUPLACER.

Step 3 - Register for Classes
New Students

All new Hinds students or returning students who have not attended Hinds for at least one semester must be advised by a counselor before registering for classes. Simply visit any Hinds location during business hours to see a counselor or request Remote Advising.

Current Students

Current students (excluding dual enrolled students) may register for classes in My.Hinds. However, if you need advising or help with your program of study, we invite you to visit with a counselor.