IDEAL Woman is a student organization whose purpose is to enhance the personal, professional, educational, and social growth of women at Hinds Community College.
What is IDEAL an acronym for?
Intelligent, Dignified, Elegant, Ambitious, Leaders. It stands for what we desire to be as contributing women in society.
The purpose of IDEAL Woman are the following:
- Promote the quality of life by inspiring the respect of others.
- Enhance the growth and the development of our youth.
- Encourage education and responsibility.
- Established friendship among the human race.
- National Colors: Royal Purple and White
- Our motto “Lifting As We Climb”
- Our mission statement: “As minority women, we strive to promote and uplift our community through service, leadership, and scholastic achievement!”
- Our National Flower: Violet
- Official Publications: National Notes
The purpose of IDEAL Woman is to uplift and empower women, by promoting leadership through service and scholastic achievement.
What is expected of an IDEAL Woman?
An IDEAL woman should uphold the standards of an exemplary college woman. They should be upstanding members of the community; someone who is positive, open-minded, and a critical thinker.
How do I become a member of IDEAL Woman?
Interested students should attend the interest meeting, and complete the application process. Once the application process is complete, the applicant must participate in the interview process. Members will be selected on the preceding, as well as merit in and outside of the classroom. Applicants must have 2.5 GPA upon acceptance they also must be in good standing with the college.
Applications will be available in the Student Engagement Center in Denton Hall Room 208 each semester after our first interest meeting. Dates will be TBA each semester.
- Must be a full-time student at Hinds Community College
- Must maintain a Cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Membership shall be composed solely of freshman or first year sophomore.
- Member must meet the qualifications of Appropriate Attire, community service, teamwork, and a positive attitude.