Receive up to $500 for Summer 2022
The Governor’s Emergency Education Relief Fund Summer Grant Program (GEER) is designed to make one-time supplemental grants during the Summer 2022 term to continuing college students affected by the pandemic. The summer grants will help students stay on track for graduation or catch up if they have fallen behind.
How To Apply
- Complete the online application (opens February 1, 2022). To be considered for GEER, students must complete the GEER application, even if they have already completed a 2022-2023 Mississippi Aid Application.
- Complete the 2022-2023 FAFSA
- Submit required supporting documents. New applicants and some renewal applicants with a break in enrollment will be required to submit two forms of residency documentation.
- Application dates for Summer 2022
- February 1, 2022 through April 30, 2022
- Document deadline
- April 30, 2022
- Awards will be made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Be a Mississippi resident
- Be a continuing college student with at least 12 hours as of Fall 2021 that do not include high school/dual enrollment credits
- Have a minimum 2.0 cumulative college GPA
- Complete the GEER application
- Complete the 2022-2023 FAFSA and have an EFC below 15,000
- Be enrolled in at least 3 hours in a first certificate, associate’s, or bachelor’s degree program during Summer 2022
Award Amount and Length of Eligibility
- Award offers will be made shortly after the application deadlines passes.
- Community college recipients will receive up to $500 for Summer 2022.
- Four-year college recipients will receive up to $1,000 for Summer 2022.
- Awards are paid directly to the institution.
Visit the Mississippi Office of Student Financial Aid website for full details and to submit your application by April 30, 2022.