No High School Diploma

No Diploma? No Problem!

If you did not earn a standard high school diploma or an HSE diploma we have programs designed for you! You can be admitted through our MI-BEST program or Vocational admission process.


An innovative workforce training program dedicated to preparing people who need help with foundational skills for their careers.

Vocational Admission

Vocational admission allows the student to enter select career programs at Hinds without a standard high school diploma or equivalency diploma, however the student may not qualify for financial aid.

How to Apply for Vocational Admission

  1. Submit a complete application for admission.
  2. Must be at least 17 years of age.
  3. Take the ACCUPLACER and earn the following minimum scores before registering for classes: 55 in Reading, 34 in Math, and 60 in English.  Some programs may require higher scores for entry.  Check the College Catalog or visit a counselor at any Hinds location.
  4. Interview with an advisor in their major field of study.

Note: Students who are receiving services through MS Vocational Rehabilitation – Services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program must have ACT scores on file or take the ACCUPLACER placement test with no minimum score required.

Come For A Visit

It only takes one visit to see what sets Hinds Community College apart from other colleges. When you schedule a campus visit, you'll be able to meet with a recruiter, get a personal tour of campus, and interact with other students. Tours are available by appointment at all six Hinds locations.


Financial Aid
Account Services