Work Study


College Work Study is an excellent opportunity for undergraduate students to receive valuable work experience for future jobs and earn extra money without leaving campus.

Students may work an average of twelve hours per week and earn wages competitive with the local job market. Students are paid monthly.

Requirements & How to Apply

Hinds Community College offers federal and institutional college Work Study. To apply for either of these programs, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), making sure that they list Hinds’ school code (002407) on the FAFSA.

Once the FAFSA is submitted to the Department of Education, a standard formula is used to calculate the number of hours that a student may be assigned to work per week.

Students must be able to provide a copy of their Social Security Card and a valid driver’s license or state issued ID as a part of the hiring process.

Once students complete the Work Study application, their eligibility will be reviewed by the Office of Financial Aid. Students will be contacted by the Office of Financial Aid and referred to a campus department for an interview.

These applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled based the availability of positions.



Communications Center
Financial Aid