Hinds Community College is proud to offer the ACT Scholarship to eligible, first-time freshmen students.
|Scholarship||ACT Score||Total Scholarship Package|
|ACT Faculty Scholarship||21—24||$4,000|
|ACT Deans Scholarship||25—28||$6,000|
|ACT Presidential Scholarship||29 and above||$12,000|
* The amounts listed above are divided equally over 4 consecutive semesters (excluding Summer terms).
First day of classes of the first freshman semester (excluding summer terms).
- Submit an Application for Admission to Hinds CC.
- Submit an official ACT composite score of 21 or above before the first day of classes. The scholarship award amount is based on the highest ACT composite score on file in the Office of Admissions on the first day of classes. Scholarship award amounts cannot be changed by submitting a new score after the first day of classes.
- Be a first-time entering freshman, meaning Hinds must be the first college you attend after receiving your high school diploma or High School Equivalency diploma.
- Be admitted to Hinds as a Mississippi resident and as a U.S. citizen.
- Have a standard high school diploma or High School Equivalency diploma.
Please note: to receive and retain this award, ACT Scholarship recipients are required to enroll in and be marked present in 15 or more credit hours each semester complete each semester with 12 or more credit hours and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. Cumulative GPA includes all credit earned at Hinds, even while dual enrolled.
For more information, please see the ACT Scholarship Policy in the student handbook or call 601-857-3502.