Deckhand River Barge Training
Job-Ready in 70 Hours
Become job-ready in 70 hours. Classes begin every 2-3 weeks.
- Back Safety for Inland Water Ways
- Hazard Communications
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Benzene Cargo Safety
- Countermeasures on Water
- Maritime Security Awareness for the Inland and Coastal Towing Industries
- Safe Line Handling Practices for the Inland Waterways
- Safe Galley Work Practices
- Basic First Aid for the Maritime Industries
- Drug Alcohol Awareness for the Maritime Employee
- Hydrogen Sulfide Safety
- Slips Trips and Falls Prevention
- Barge Winches
- Security for the Inland Waterways and Marsec Levels
- Fire Safety
Important Program Information
Who is eligible?
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Physical, MRI and Background Check required.
How much does it cost?
Tuition for River Barge Deck Hand Training is the same as any other college course at Hinds Community College. Scholarships are available to those who qualify.
How do I apply?
Submit a resume to Deckhand.Training@hindscc.edu.