We are so happy that you have chosen Hinds Community College as your education destination, and we are delighted to have you as a resident of our residence hall community.
Residence halls play a vital role in retaining students, and statistics show that students who reside on campus are better prepared to succeed academically. Our residence halls are led by professional residence hall directors and a team of resident assistants eager to serve you. Please do not hesitate to contact them with any questions or concerns you may have.
Student Housing and Residence Life is in a unique position because we serve as the bridge between academics and extracurricular activities, and we use this opportunity to fully engage our students through various programs and events.
Apply for Housing
- Current students can start updating for Spring 2021 starting October 28, 2020 at 1:00pm until November 3, 2020.
- Current students can change rooms November 9-10, 2020.
- New Students can apply for housing starting November 11, 2020 at 8:00am.
If you have questions about accessing the housing application, please contact student housing.
Raymond Campus 601-857-3222
Utica Campus 601-885-7088
Housing & Residence Life Update
All students who reside in the residence halls for the Spring 2021 semester will be required to take a rapid Covid19 test before moving on campus. Residential students in Raymond AND Utica will be tested at the Troy Arlis Ricks Wellness Complex (Raymond Campus).
The Address for the Troy Arlis Ricks Wellness Complex is:
1100 Hinds Blvd
Raymond, MS 39154
Spring 2021 Move-in Instructions
As a result, instructions regarding move-in have changed. Details for move-in are provided below.
- Cloth face coverings must be worn covering your nose and mouth upon entering the facility and must remain on while awaiting results.
- Only the student will be allowed to enter the facility for testing. Please bring picture identification with you to check-in.
- Students must remain in the facility adhering to social distancing procedures until results are provided. Test results may take up to an hour and a half to receive. We appreciate your patience during this time.
- Students who receive a positive test result will not be allowed to move in at this time.
- Students on the Utica campus who receive a negative test result will proceed to go to Utica to McGriggs-William Lobby to receive room keys and check-in paperwork.
- Students on the Raymond campus who receive a negative test result will proceed to their assigned residence hall to check-in.
- Please arrive at your testing station at least 15 minutes early.
Students who refuse testing will forfeit their housing assignment for the 2021 Spring Semester.
Raymond and Utica Campus
All students that live on campus in Raymond and Utica will need to arrive at Troy Arils Rick Wellness Complex on the Raymond Campus to take the test during their specified move-in date and time. Upon arrival, remain in your vehicle and text your first name, last name, and student ID number to (601) 488-9805. You will receive a confirmation text informing you that you are allowed to enter the building for directions for rapid Covi19 testing. ALL students will need to sign up for a time.
New Students: After you have taken your Covid19 test, you will be given instructions on how to take your student ID if you have not taken your picture or submitted a picture to be used for your Student ID.
It is highly recommended that you send a picture of yourself to be used for your Student ID to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, so your ID picture can be ready for you when you arrive on campus. In addition to the picture, please include your first name, last name, and Student ID number. Your picture must adhere to the following:
- Picture must be in JPEG format
- Picture must be against a white or neutral-colored background
- Picture cannot be a selfie
- Picture must be from your shoulders to just above the top of your head
- No face or head coverings are permitted unless it is for religious purposes
If you submit a picture that does not meet the requirements, you will be asked to resubmit another picture.
If you have submitted your picture already, your picture will be available at your residence hall when you check-in.
All pictures must be submitted by January 4, 2021 at 4:30pm.
All Residents: In addition to a negative COVID-19 test, students will need to ensure the following requirements are satisfied before receiving access to his/her room:
- Academic class schedule of at least 15 hours.
- Completed financial aid for Fall 2020.
- A balance of $0 or a payment plan in place for the Fall 2020 semester.
More information regarding Student IDs will be provided at move-in for Utica Students. If you have any questions, please contact the Student Housing, Raymond (601-857-3222) and, Utica at (601-885-7088).
We look forward to serving you in the Spring!
Residence Halls & Rates
Our Raymond campus has eight residence halls to choose from, which includes Pickett Hall, a Co-Residential option.
Dining & Meal Plans
Meal Plans for the Raymond & Utica campuses allow for 19 meals per week.
Why Live On Campus?
Residence life at Hinds CC offers a friendly “home away from home” atmosphere. Living on campus puts you in the middle of the action for all aspects of the college experience. Skip the hassle of a commute and enjoy the convenience of 24/7 living in one of nine residence halls.
On campus you get 24-hour security, three meals a day and convenient parking privileges, plus the support of professional and student residence life staff. Residence halls have laundry facilities and spacious lobbies for socializing with friends, watching TV, or taking a break from studies. Every room has free internet connections and basic cable TV service.
Housing & Residence Life
Housing & Residence Life