Our Nursing Assistant course provides instruction in knowledge and performance skills to provide basic care to patients in hospitals, long-term care facilities and personal homes. Upon successful completion of the program, individuals are eligible for the certification test for nursing assistants. This 100-hour course is offered each semester. Classes begin in the summer, spring and fall semester.
Complete and submit the following:
- Application for Admission to Hinds Community College
- Application for Selection to the Nursing Assistant Program
- Validation of high school graduation by official high school transcript or high school equivalency transcript (GED®, HiSET®, TASC™, or Mississippi Competency-Based High School Equivalency). (For currently enrolled high school students, an updated transcript, validating high school graduation, will be required prior to beginning the program.)
- Official college transcripts from all colleges.
- Submit an ACT (American College Test) score.
- This score must be a composite of 15 (taken after October 1, 1989) or 12(taken before October 1, 1989) or Next Generation ACCUPLACER Reading score of 246, ACCUPLACER Reading score of 76 or Compass® Reading score of 72.
Submit all completed forms to
Office of Admissions
Nursing/Allied Health Center
1750 Chadwick Drive
Jackson, MS 39204-3490
Submitting information to other locations will delay the processing of the applicant’s file.
Nursing & Allied Health Center