We offer a full-time day program option for Paramedic training. EMT and Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II are prerequisites for the Paramedic program and must be taken within the last five years; a score of C or better is required in Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II.
The paramedic program is a 1-year program, beginning each August and completing the following July. The paramedic class meets on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays of each week from 8:00 a.m.—4:30 p.m. Contact us for the upcoming year’s schedule.
Courses Are Offered At These Locations
For a complete list of courses, please see our college catalog.
Refresh Your A&P and Microbiology Courses
Did you take and pass your A&P and Microbiology courses more than 5 years ago? You can refresh your expired BIO sciences for a fraction of the cost and time required to repeat the traditional courses. We offer Proficiency Courses online, which are designed to be completed in a short period of time and at your own pace! For more information, please contact a Nursing/Allied Health counselor at 601-376-4807.
- Complete the Hinds CC Application for Admission.
- Application for selection to the Paramedic Program Application for Selection to Paramedic.
- Validation of high school graduation by official high school transcript or high school equivalency transcript (GED®, HiSET®, TASC™, or Mississippi Competency-Based High School Equivalency). (For currently enrolled high school students, an updated transcript, validating high school graduation, will be required prior to beginning the program.)
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended, except Hinds Community College.
- ACT composite score of 17 (If taken before October 1989 – 14).
Prerequisite to the First Clinical Course
- Completion of the Emergency Medical Technical course (7 credit hrs) and Anatomy and Physiology I & II with labs (4 semester hrs each)
- Must have completed all pre-requisite courses with a grade of C or better.
- Science courses taken prior to admission must have been completed within five years of entering the first paramedic class.
- EMT – Basic registration is a pre-requisite to Paramedic. Students must submit a current copy of the National Registry registration (copy of the National Registry card) as an admission requirement.
All requirements must be sent to:
Office of Admissions
Nursing/Allied Health Center
1750 Chadwick Dr.,
Jackson, MS 39204-3490
The Hinds CC EMS Paramedic program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions.
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
9355 – 113th St. N, #7709
Seminole, FL 33775
Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions
301 Lakeview Parkway
Rowlett, TX 75088
Andrew Shelby, NRP, BA
Tammy Stewart, RN, NRP
Don Harmount, NRP