Hinds CC logo


Counseling Services at Hinds Community College are designed to provide a comprehensive group of resources for students. Services provided by the counseling centers are free and confidential. Usually, no appointment is necessary. Counselors are available at each location of Hinds Community College.

Counselors serve as the general advisors for all students entering into the college. At the time the student is enrolled, the counselor will provide the student with the appropriate information to match college resources with the student's needs.

Counselors can assist in making the student's entry into Hinds a smooth one. They may assist the student in exploring a variety of courses leading to various majors. Counselors can also assist students in adapting to change and in learning good decision making skills as well as make appropriate referrals to other resources which may be of use to the student.

  • Educational Planning
  • Career Planning
  • Health and Wellness
  • Meet Your Counselors
  • Frequently Asked Questions

Strong Interest Inventory

The counseling office on the Raymond campus is now offering the Strong Interest Inventory (SII) to currently enrolled students. The SII is a self assessment instrument that is used to help you make satisfying decisions about your career and education. The SII measures interests, not skills or abilities, and the results will help guide you toward rewarding careers. Counselors are available after testing to go over your results and explore career paths.


Hinds Community College Raymond Campus
Denton Hall, 2nd Floor


By Appointment Only
To schedule an appointment call 601-857-3467
Or visit the counseling office in Denton Hall, 2nd Floor

Raymond Campus 
  • Office Location: Denton Hall, 2nd Floor
  • Phone Number: 601-857-3216
  • Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Open Tuesdays until 6:00 p.m.)
  • Counselors
    o   Jenny Crutchfield, Jennifer.Crutchfield@hindscc.edu (Community and Mental Health Counselor, Alcohol and Drug Program Coordinator, and Orientation Instructor)

    o   Jack Hite, JLHite@Hindscc.edu (Phi Theta Kappa Advisor, Who's Who Among Students Committee, Veterans Liaison, Cheerleading Sponsor, Instructs Orientation, First Aid and Self-Defense classes, Track, Tennis, and Golf Advisor, Deputy Title IX Coordinator, and Behavioral Intervention Team Committee)

    o   Nicole Joyner, NKJoyner@Hindscc.edu (Appeals Committee, Testing Supervisor, Career Exploration Instructor, and Softball Advisor)

    o   Jovonna Parker, Jovonna.Parker@Hindscc.edu (Student Success/Graduation Task Force Committee Member, Placement test examiner, Orientation and Career Exploration Instructor, Men’s Soccer Advisor, and Quality Enhancement Plan Advisory Committee)

    o   Simonee Patton, Simonee.Miller@Hindscc.edu (Disability Support Services Liaison, Diamond Darlings Sponsor, Associated Student Government, Orientation Instructor, and Women’s Soccer Advisor)

    o   Jolyn Stone, Jolyn.Stone@Hindscc.edu (Career Guidance Advisor, Orientation Instructor, High School Counselor Liaison, Baseball Advisor)

    o   Douglas Cole Berry, Douglas.Berry@hindscc.edu (Placement Test Examiner, Orientation Instructor, Career Guidance Advisor, and Career Exploration Instructor)

    o   Michelle Davison, MDDavison@hindscc.edu (Honors and International Student Advisor, College Fair Coordinator, and Honors Orientation Instructor)
    o   Tracey Thigpen-Davis, Tracey.Thigpen-Davis@hindscc.edu (Distance Learning Advisor, District Student Services Committee, and Sociology Instructor)

Jackson Academic-Technical Center
  • Office Location: Bivins Hall 100
  • Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Open Tuesdays until 6:00 p.m.)
  • Counselors
    o   Tameka Levy, TLLevy@Hindscc.edu (Steering Committee, Campus Safety Committee, Traffic Appeals Committee, Behavioral Intervention Committee, and Recruitment/Retention Committee)

    ο   Katie Murphy, Kathryn.Murphy@hindscc.edu
    o   Krisisty Wagner, Krisisty.Wagner@hindscc.edu (Disability Support Service Liaison, Title IX Liaison)

Jackson Nursing/Allied Health Center
  • Office Location: Anderson Hall 2
  • Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Open Tuesdays until 6:00 p.m.)
  • Counselors
    • Joycelyn Washington, JSWashington@Hindscc.edu (Director of Student Services for the Nursing/Allied Health Campus, NAHC Leadership Team member, Student Affairs Committee, Campus Climate Committee, Phi Theta Kappa advisor, Registration Committee and NAHC Readmission Committee).

    • Cooper McCachren, Bryan.McCachren@Hindscc.edu (Disability Support Services Committee, District Student Affairs Committee and District Associated Student Government Committee)

Rankin Campus
  • Office Location: Academic Classroom Building Suite 105
  • Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Open Tuesdays until 6:00 p.m.)
  • Counselors
    • Donnie Lindsey, Donald.Lindsey@Hindscc.edu (Retention Committee Member, Recruiting Committee Member, Improvement of Study Instructor)

Utica Campus
  • Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Open Tuesdays until 6:00 p.m.)
  • Career-Technical Counselor | Office Location: Ples-McCadney Building 205
  • Academic Counselor | Office Location: Walter Washington Administration and Academic Building

Vicksburg Campus
  • Office Location: Banks Building
  • Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Open Tuesdays until 6:00 p.m.)
  • Counselors
    • Eric Burton, EMBurton@Hindscc.edu (Student Success/Graduation Task Force Committee)
    • Raina Deer, Raina.Deer@hindscc.edu (Disability Support Services Committee, Deputy Title IX Coordinator, Rapid Response Team, Transitional Student Advisor, SMACC Committee, and Registration Committee).



Am I required to meet with a counselor/advisor to schedule classes?
First-time students must see an advisor or counselor at one of the six (6) campus locations. Advisors and counselors are available for all students; however, returning students are not required to seek advisement.

Do I owe money or have a restriction from the admissions or business office that needs to be cleared?
Go to My.Hinds and check your account status. If there is a balance or restriction, go to the appropriate office or call 601-857-5261 or 1-800-HINDSCC.

What classes have I successfully completed toward my major?
First, print your unofficial transcript from My.Hinds. If you have attended another college check to see if the credits have been posted to your Hinds transcript. If not, contact the Office of Admissions and request that college transfer credits post to your record.

What classes should I register for next semester?

*Students enrolled in developmental classes may wish to speak with an academic advisor.

Do these classes have any prerequisites?

After selecting courses that you need to complete for graduation, you may view the Course Descriptions in the college catalog to see if there are any prerequisite classes.

I’m interested in Nursing & Allied Health programs. What are the admission requirements?
You may view the requirements here: Admission for Nursing & Allied Health Programs

How can I view the class schedule of what is being offered and at which location?
Search for classes, dates, and times from the online course schedule.

I’m a current student. How do I register for classes?
Go to My.Hinds and web register for academic and/or technical classes. Career students must register in person. For step by step instructions, please view the Web Registration Video Tutorial

What online classes are offered?
MSVCC Course Offerings: MSVCC schedule.

I’m an online student. How do I register for classes?
First-time Hinds students must see a Hinds advisor to register for their first semester of courses. After that term, the student may web register for their classes through My.Hinds.

How do I register for an online course offered by a different community college in MS?
Lookup MSVCC Course Offerings on the MSVCC Schedule online tool. Classes offered by other colleges are subject to approval based on criteria set forth by the Distance Learning office. More information can be found under the FAQ for Hinds Distance Learning. Contact your advisor for more information.

When is payment for classes due?
Check your financial aid status and the account balance at My.Hinds. All fees are due 10 days before classes begin (or at the time of registration if registering within 10 days of classes starting). Note: If you have not paid your fees in full, entered into a payment plan with the college, or been approved for financial aid by the due date, you will be removed from your classes.

Where can I get a copy of my schedule?
You may view and print your schedule at My.Hinds.

I took this class in high school. Why do I have to take this class in college? 
You must receive college credit in the class for the course to be counted toward graduation. However, if while you were in high school you also took classes through a college, you may be able to use the college credit course toward graduation. You should send your high school transcript to Hinds CC to be evaluated.