Veterinary Technology prepares you for careers in small, large and mixed animal practice, research, education, animal rehabilitation centers, animal rescue centers and zoological parks. Classes are held on the Raymond Campus. Graduates of the program are eligible for licensure as a certified veterinary technician and can sit for the Assistant Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) certification exam.
Courses Are Offered At These Locations
For a complete list of courses, please see our college catalog.
New Applicants that are interested in the Veterinary Technology program must meet and complete the following requirements as applies:
- Applicant must complete a general Application for Admission to Hinds Community College
- Applicant must complete the Veterinary Technology Selection Application.
- Applicant must complete a minimum of 35 hours of observation in a veterinary clinic
- Applicant must be eligible for ENG 1114 or ENG 1113 OR have scored 231 or higher on NEXT-GEN ACCUPLACER
- Applicant must have scored 17 or higher in Reading on ACT OR have scored 246 or higher on NEXT-GEN ACCUPLACER OR have successfully completed ENG 1114 or ENG 1113.
- Applicant must have scored 15 or higher in Math on ACT OR have scored 237 or higher on NEXT-GENERATION ACCUPLACER OR have successfully completed MAT 1133 or equivalent or a math level higher.
- Applicant must interview for admission to the program.
Fall entrance only
Students that are reapplying for program must complete the following. Please note that a student will be allowed to reapply for the Veterinary Technology program only one time.
- Complete application to Hinds Community College and have met all admission requirements prior to interview. (If student has set out one semester he or she must reapply for admissions to the college.)
- Reapply students must complete a Selection Application for the Veterinary Technology program and interview with selection committee.
- Students that are reapply applicants must take an Enhancement of Study Skills class (LLS 1413) either prior to the semester to which they will be reapplying OR take LLS 1413 during the semester they reenter the program.
Important Dates for 2022
- Application dates to apply for the program: March 1–May 6, 2022
- Deadline for observation hours and other required paperwork: May 23, 2022
- Interviews for the program will be scheduled June 1–10, 2022
This program is accredited by the
Mississippi Board of Trustees of the State Institutions of Higher Learning:
3825 Ridgewood Rd.
Jackson, MS 39211
American Veterinary Medical Association
1931 North Meacham Rd. Suite 100
Schaumburg, IL 60173-4360
Mississippi Board of Veterinary Medicine
1089D Stark Rd.
Starkville, MS 39759
The Veterinary Technology program at Hinds Community College is located at the Raymond Campus in Raymond, MS. Upon completion of the program earned degree is Associate of Applied Science.