The Electronics Technology graduate will be capable of correlating the activities of scientific research, engineering and production for a wide variety of occupational fields and will possess the capability of working and communicating directly with engineers, scientists and other technical personnel in their specialized areas.
Associates Degree in Applied Science
- Two-year course of study with four semesters of full course-load
- Curriculum is designed to place the successful graduate in the workplace at the end of the two years
- 49 semester hours of Electronics
- 15 semester hours of required academic courses and technical electives
Bachelors of Science Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology
- Four-year course of study with two years of Electronics Technology at the Raymond Campus followed by two additional years at the University of Southern Mississippi
- Minimum of 26 semester hours of Electronics at Hinds CC
- English, College Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus, Physics and Computer Programming at Hinds CC
- Additional two years of required courses at University of Southern Mississippi
Electronics Technology graduates are prepared to work in various environments, including engineering firms, governmental agencies, hospitals and medical equipment companies, educational institutions, manufacturing industries, computer and computer support companies, and public and private utilities.
- Submit an application for enrollment to the Office of Admissions and Records at Hinds Community College.
- All developmental courses needed must be successfully completed prior to program entrance.
- No minimum ACT score required.
District Curriculum Coordinator