Electrical Technology prepares you for employment in the electrical field. Classes are held on the Raymond and Vicksburg-Warren Campuses and include instruction with laboratory exercises using industry grade equipment. You can learn to install, maintain and repair electrically energized systems found in residential, commercial and industrial settings.
You can choose a Career or Technical Certificate or an Associate in Applied Science Degree from the Electrical Technology Department.
Successfully complete the three-semester program
Complete the post-test and show academic gain
Participate in graduation exercises to receive Certificate or Degree
Areas of Specialty Training
- Fundamentals of Electricity
- A.C. Circuits
- D.C. Circuits
- Residential/Light Commercial Wiring
- Branch Circuit and Service Entrance Calculations
- Blueprint Reading/Planning the Residential Installation
- Switching Circuits
- Commercial and Industrial Wiring Electrical Power
- Estimating Cost of Residential Installations
- Motor Control Systems
- Special Project
- Supervised Work Experience
- Solid State Motor Controls
- Programmable Logic Controls
- Submit an application for enrollment to the Office of Admissions and Records at Hinds Community College.
- Request that an official high school transcript or GED scores and ACT scores be sent to the Office of Admissions and Records if you are a high school graduate.
- Take the ACCUPLACER placement test to assess developmental needs.
- Interview with the instructor and complete the interview form.
- Directions to Rankin Campus Location
11 Community College Blvd
Pearl, MS 39208