Commercial Truck Driving
The Commercial Truck Driving program is designed to prepare participants for employment in the field of transportation or as an enhancement or stackable credential to other career-technical programs currently being offered. The curriculum content includes the Department of Transportation rules and regulations, Mississippi requirements for obtaining a commercial driver’s license, and the operations of a semi tractor-trailer. Course delivery will include classroom and hands-on equipment training. Employability, work maturity and basic educational skills will be taught.
- Great job with KLLM upon completion of the program
- Comprehensive benefits package after 3 months of employment
- 401(k) eligibility after 6 months of employment and fully vested after 5 years
- $4,000 Scholarship: drive for 1 year with KLLM
- Earning $114.28 per day, up to $800 a week while on the truck
- $250 – $500 Incentive Bonuses
- Fully accredited training academy
- State-of-the-art Tractor-Trailer Simulators
- Refrigerated Trailer Lab & Computer Lab
- Train in the same equipment you’ll drive as a KLLM truck driver
- Late-model tractors with modern technology
Courses Are Offered At These Locations
For a complete list of courses, please see our college catalog.
- Candidates must be at least 21 years of age.
- Pass a Department of Transportation physical and drug screen, along with a company hair follicle drug screen. For federal regulations, see Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, part 391.47.
- Provide photo identification, original birth certificate and original Social Security card. (name must match name on photo identification)
- Provide two proofs of residency.
- If no ACT test scores are on file, take the ACCUPLACER placement test with no specific score required.