The Accounting Technology Program is a technical program designed to prepare students for entry-level accounting positions in accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and inventory as well as enhance the skills of persons currently employed in accounting who wish to advance. The program provides a foundation for students transferring to a four-year college or university to pursue a specialized degree in the field.
Occupational Skills Training
- Comprehensive coverage and integration of basic business skills
- Develop critical-thinking and problem solving skills for today’s business world
- Establish a foundation in accounting terminology
- Develop skills using accounting and computer software applications
- Prepare various monthly, quarterly, and yearly accounting reports
Requirements for Graduation
The Associate of Applied Science Degree is awarded upon successful completion of 66 semester credit hours of course work and OPAC certification testing.
Bookkeepers, Accounting Assistant, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Junior Accountant, Payroll Accountant
Courses Are Offered At These Locations
You can expect to take courses covering topics on Microcomputer Applications, Database Management, and Business Accounting. For a complete list of courses, please see our college catalog.