As a military student, Hinds Community College recognizes the personal sacrifices that you have made for your country. Whether you served on the front lines or were holding the home together while a loved one was away, we understand that it takes dedication and commitment to endure these hardships. Now let Hinds CC give you the assistance you may need in getting started with college.

By recognizing the unique needs of Hinds Community College's military students and their families, the Office of Veteran Services has been established to assist service members and the families gain the most from their educational experience.
The Office of Veterans Services provides assistance and support to promote a smooth transition from the military to the academic environment. Veteran Services often collaborates with department's district wide to assist veterans with services which include, but are not limited to, the following:

  • Military transfer credits
  • Residency status
  • Academic accommodations
  • Withdrawals due to deployments
  • Referrals to on and off-campus service providers

At Hinds CC, we are dedicated to accompanying you every step of the way to meet your educational goals. Just as you have given us your best in service, it's our turn to give you our best in higher education. As a first step, we can help you navigate the process of accessing your GI Bill Benefits.

VA Benefits

Most of Hinds CC's programs, in accordance with Veterans Administration (V.A.) criteria, are approved by the Mississippi Veterans' Affairs Board's State Approving Agency and will lead to a college degree or approved certificate. A veteran can use any of the VA education programs, receive Federal Tuition Assistance, and other outside scholarship programs to assist with paying for college.

There are many different types of VA education programs and the benefits associated with each program vary from program to program. VA education programs mostly included a monthly housing allowance but in some cases they can pay for tuition, books, and tutoring. In certain circumstances, educational benefits may be transferred to a dependent. All VA education programs are awarded by the Veterans' Administration. For information regarding the VA process for educational benefits and to enroll in the VA's GI Bill or other education programs please go to or call 1-888-442-4551.

At each Hinds CC location there is an academic advisor available to help you learn about Hinds CC and direct you to community and educational resources. However the Veterans' Service Office is located on our Raymond Campus. Veterans need to be aware that in most cases, Hinds CC's concentration areas and learning experiences are approved for VA programs, but it's always good to check with the Veteran Services Office to be sure that all courses are approved. Veterans receiving educational benefits must comply with Hinds CC and VA expectations, regulations, and Federal laws.

If at any time you need help applying for the VA education programs, discerning VA correspondence, or navigating the VA process please call Hinds' CC Veteran Services or reach us by email at

Veterans with disabilities may be entitled to additional benefits. To learn about VA vocational rehabilitation benefits call 1-800-827-1000.