College Work-Study is an excellent opportunity for undergraduate students to receive work experience and earn extra money without leaving campus. Students work 12 hours per week, and earn minimum wage ($7.25 per hour) with pay periods once per month.

Hinds Community College offers both Federal and Institutional types of college Work-Study. To apply for either of these programs of Work-Study, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), make sure that their answer to the question about what types of student aid interest them includes work-study and provides Hinds' school code (002407) on the FAFSA.

Once the FAFSA is submitted to the Department of Education, a standard formula is used to produce an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) which determines the type of work-study the student will be eligible to receive.

The Work-Study programs give students the chance to gain valuable work experience to help with future job opportunities. At the beginning of each semester students attending the Raymond and Utica campus that are interested in participating in one of the work-study programs must come to the Financial Aid Office at their location concerning their work-study eligibility.

Students attending locations other than Raymond and Utica must contact the Deans' Office at their location about available work-study positions.