Hinds CC logo

The External Funding Office helps faculty and staff turn ideas into fundable proposals and projects.

External Funding Office Planning Process

The External Funding Office uses a planning process to identify grants that support the college’s Strategic Goals. We confer with administrators, staff, and faculty to identify needs and funding priorities.

When selecting a grant to apply for, the following issues are considered: 

  • The degree to which the grant supports the College’s Strategic Goals, mission, and vision
  • The degree to which the grant addresses specific programming needs
  • The match and/or requirements (if any) and the College’s ability to meet them
  • The prospects of obtaining an award
  • The college’s ability to operate a project funded by the grant
  • Faculty or administrator capacity and interest to contribute to the grant writing process

The President Cabinet, under the direction of President Muse, has the responsibility of discussing and reviewing most proposed grant ideas, projects, and activities prior to proposal development and establishing consensus on all grant-related issues that have college-wide impact.

The Externally Funded Grants Committee (EFGC) will serve as a district-wide voice ensuring the college and its students receive the maximum benefit from its efforts to secure external funding to support the mission and goals of Hinds Community College. The EFGC also make recommendations on ways to improve the proposal.

External Funding Office

  • Advises on preparation for visits from funding agencies
  • Provides samples of grant reports
  • Advises on strategies to sustain projects
  • Identifies possible funding streams and advises on how to access them
  • Identifies community organizations and other entities that can support your project
  • Schedules preliminary meetings to help start your project, if requested
  • Troubleshoots problems
  • Monitors submissions of grant reports to funding entities
  • Provides technical assistance

Copies of all grant reports must be sent to the External Funding and Contract Office.