MHP C.O.R.E. Program
The C.O.R.E. (Candidates on Rapid Entry) program fast-tracks students who are interested in law enforcement careers with the Mississippi Highway Patrol (MHP). The curriculum will better prepare you for patrol school upon successful completion of the two-semester program. By successfully completing the program, you will also be given preferred candidacy to the Mississippi Highway Patrol Trooper School.
As part of the program, you will participate in classes two days each week where an MHP officer will assist with physical training and teach MHP-related curriculum (e.g., stop and approach, leadership, integrity, decision making, shooting simulator).
Important Program Information
- Have an active interest in becoming a Mississippi Highway Patrol State Trooper.
- Be enrolled as a student at Hinds CC in an Associate of Arts degree program.
- Be at least 18 years of age at beginning of participation in the C.O.R.E. Program.
- Register for at least one Criminal Justice (CRJ) class each semester.
- Maintain an overall GPA of 2.0.
- Attain an associate’s degree.
- Complete at least two semesters of C.O.R.E. Physical Training (PT) classes. Completion of the classes requires being in attendance for at least 90% of class meetings.
- Complete at least two semesters of C.O.R.E. classes. Completion of the classes requires being in attendance for at least 90% of class meetings.
How to Apply
- Get Admitted to Hinds CC and register for classes.
- Complete the C.O.R.E. online application. After you complete your online application you will be contacted by an officer from the Mississippi Highway Patrol.
- Download, complete, and notarize the PDF application. You must bring the notarized copy with you on the first day of class.
Course Times & Location
Fill out both the online application and the downloadable application.
What better way to get to know Hinds than to come for a campus tour! We offer customized tours for all of our beautiful campuses. We also offer virtual tours. Come see what Hinds has to offer.
At Hinds CC it’s easy to apply, and there’s no application fee! We have an open-door admission policy that offers all students general admission to the college. Take the first step towards your future and apply today!
Speak with a Recruiter
We are here to guide you through the enrollment process and help you make a smooth transition to Hinds. We invite you to contact us with any questions regarding your admissions and enrollment.