How To Get Enrolled

Hinds makes it easy for you to become a student by providing these 7 "quick" steps for enrollment at any Hinds location.

1. Complete a Hinds Community College Application for Admission by completing the online application.

2. Entering freshmen submit an official high school transcript or GED transcript for academic and technical programs. Transfer students should submit an official college transcript from the last college attended.

3. Submit test scores. If you are interested in an academic or technical field of study, have a copy of your ACT scores sent to Hinds Community College. If you have not taken the ACT, you will be required to take the ACCUPLACER test before registering.

4. Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships. Apply early! You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) if you are interested in financial assistance. In addition, Hinds has many scholarship opportunities for students.

5. If you wish to live on campus, complete an Application for Housing and submit it to the Housing Office address located on the application.

6. See a Hinds counselor or advisor prior to your first semester of enrollment. The counselor or advisor will give you a plan of study that records which classes you are advised to take. Your counselor will be able to register you for classes or you may choose to register online via Tuition and fees may be paid at this time, or you may be billed with a payment plan.

7. If you are planning to enroll in a Nursing or Allied Health program, please contact that campus directly for applications, requirements, and deadlines specific to that program of study.

Checklist For Success Enrollment Guide PDF

All enrollment documents can be mailed to:

Hinds Community College, Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 1100
Raymond, MS 39154

For more information regarding your specific admission status, please choose a classification below:


For further information, contact us at 601.857.3212 or e-mail us.