Work closely with surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses and other surgical personnel before, during and after surgery. Surgical Technologists work extensively with surgical instruments, supplies and equipment to provide a safe surgical experience for each patient. The Surgical Technology program begins every August and lasts for one year (3 semesters).
Certified technologist can work in hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, surgeons' office and in materials management or central processing. They are also qualified for the field of medical products and sales.
First Friday - Information Session
Information sessions are held at the Nursing/Allied Health Center on the first Friday of each month at 1 p.m., except holidays. These sessions will provide you with an opportunity to talk with faculty, counselors, and financial aid representatives and to tour school labs.
- Surgical Technology, AAS
- Surgical Technology, TC
Accreditation and Credentialing Information
The Hinds Community College Surgical Technology program is accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Accreditation Review Committee on Education in Surgical Technology.
CAAHEP Contact Information:Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158
Students who successfully complete the Surgical Technology Program are eligible to take the examination for certification from the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs and the Accreditation Review Committee on Education in Surgical Technology.
- Complete a Hinds CC Application for Admission.
- Send an official high school transcript or General Education Development Test (GED) score and any college transcripts.
- Submit an ACT (American College Test) score. This score must be a composite of 18 (taken after October 1, 1989) or 15 (taken before October 1, 1989
- Submit Selection Application and the above information to the Nursing/Allied Health Center.
- Surgical Technology Selection Score
Gainful Employment Information
Cost of Program (All Costs Subject to Change)
- Tuition & Fees: $3,016
- Books & Supplies: $931
- On-campus Room & Board: $3,856
- Total Cost: $7,803
Length of Program
- Intended time to complete: 12 months
- % of graduates who completed on time: 100%
Jobs related to this program:
Surgical technologists (SOC 29-2055)
Job Placement Rate: 72%
- Median program graduate debt: $2,893.50
- Federal Loans: $0
- Private Educational Loans: $0