Health Care Assistant
Mission: Prepare individuals to be competent, caring health care assistants.
- Provide the student with skills for learning success.
- Provide a program that prepares students with multiple skills for employment in the health care field.
- Provide the student with knowledge needed for entry level competency as a nursing assistant, home health aid, and phlebotomist.
- Provide the student with learning experiences that promote competency as a nursing assistant, health care aide, and phlebotomist.
- Provide opportunities that will allow the student to develop employment skills and team work skills.
- Provide opportunities that will assist the student to transition to other academic and technical health careers.
- Application for admission to Hinds Community College
- Application for selection to the Health Care Assistant Program.
- Validation of high school graduation by official high school transcript, GED® equivalency transcript, or college transcript.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended, except Hinds Community College.
- ACT score of 16 (12 if taken before October 1989).
Process for Selection
- For classes that begin in the Fall term, preference will be given to applicants who complete the application procedure by April 30th. For classes that begin in the Spring term, preference will be given to applicants who complete the application procedure by October 31st.
- Individuals who have submitted all admission requirements by the specified deadline will be considered for program admission based on a rating scale that includes: ACT Composite Score; ACT Math and Reading sub-scores; and previous certificates or degrees.
- Applicants not selected for a class must reapply for subsequent classes by submitting a new Application for Selection to the Health Care Assistant Program.
- A limited number of placements are held for TAA-eligible applicants and students who have completed the TSHP program.